pricing Gen I Vs Gen II

BillD

Registered
down the road, do you guys think that the pricing and popularity of the gen I will be comprimised ? or not? I just dont like the gen II looks, Im sure its a nicer ride etc,, but cant get past the rear tail section

Gen I's seem to be holding their value despite the new models coming out. It's a cult bike, what do you expect.

Gen II's seem to lose quit a bit of value up front and they're value is more color dependent. You seem to be able to pick up 08 Blue/Gold's for nothing.

I suspect all Hayabusa's will remain high in value until the Big Kaw with the Blower comes out. Then it will be over.

Gen I's seem to be holding their value despite the new models coming out. It's a cult bike, what do you expect.

Gen II's seem to lose quit a bit of value up front and they're value is more color dependent. You seem to be able to pick up 08 Blue/Gold's for nothing.

I suspect all Hayabusa's will remain high in value until the Big Kaw with the Blower comes out. Then it will be over.

Yeah, people are afraid of the extra power that the blue one has.:whistle:

Didn't buy the toy with the thought of selling it. I couldn't careless whats it worth in the future...I only hope it (and I ..) can keep on running for a long time:cheerleader:

I agree with not buying something for the value down the road, , , but I was wondering which one would be more of the collectible, or more sought after 10 years from now, my question wasnt directed at selling or making money , if thats what you thought for example, I bought a 79 CBX which now is worth alot more money than the later ones, for obvious reasons, as it is now the most sought after one , not the one that followed years later, as it was changed and people did not receive it well, I sold that bike for thousands more than I paid for it brand new,,, but if you look at it in a financial way, it still dosnt make sence, take 10 grand and invest it in something and chances are youll get alot more than putting it into a motorcycle or even worse a boat,,,(which I have to,,lol) ya just gotta love the toys, or dont do it at all,,

Last edited:
I agree with not buying something for the value down the road, , , but I was wondering which one would be more of the collectible, or more sought after 10 years from now, my question wasnt directed at selling or making money , if thats what you thought for example, I bought a 79 CBX which now is worth alot more money than the later ones, for obvious reasons, as it is now the most sought after one , not the one that followed years later, as it was changed and people did not receive it well, I sold that bike for thousands more than I paid for it brand new,,, but if you look at it in a financial way, it still dosnt make sence, take 10 grand and invest it in something and chances are youll get alot more than putting it into a motorcycle or even worse a boat,,,(which I have to,,lol) ya just gotta love the toys, or dont do it at all,,

:dunno: If you are trying to guess which one would be more valuable later on down the road, I would guess at the LE. Not even sure if there 08-09 LE's

I've owned an '06 and now an '08. The '06 was a tremendous bike, but my '08 is a much better bike all around. Yes the tail had to grow on me a little and the trunk is smaller but other than that the '08 is an improvement :thumbsup:

Go price a '99 copper, i dont know what they are goin for, if its more than the average Busa, but it should gie you an idea. Wonder if the bike collector hobby will see the same ups and downs as the collector car hobby? I dont see why it wouldnt

Back