Brembo RCS Install

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
As you all know, i had bought a bunch of stuff for my bike recently!

Well as it works out, the Gilles Vario Bars with risers didn't work out!
Here it the oringinal post link,https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/112668-i-think-its-christmas.html

Well, i started the install the weekend before last, and had nothing but problems, rant rant rant!

But here's what i ended up doing!

Brembo RCS Master cylinders
Rizoma fluid cups
Galfer custom length brake and clutch lines
Motul RBF brake fuild

As for the install nothing went smooth, it was a pain in the azz!
I had to move the handle bars out 6mm, just so i had enough spacing. To achieve that i had to modify the handle bars.
Then i had to find out some where to mount the fluid cups.
Then the problem with the length of all the brake and clutch lines, they needed to be longer!
Well here are some pics as the job goes along!

DSCN1091 (Small).JPG

What was the issue with the vario bars? Were they to far forward when turning lock to lock, or were they to high because of the risers?

I just bought a cycle cat triple and cycle cats bar risers, wondering if I'll have the same problem if I go to a radial master. :fire:

What was the issue with the vario bars? Were they to far forward when turning lock to lock, or were they to high because of the risers?

I just bought a cycle cat triple and cycle cats bar risers, wondering if I'll have the same problem if I go to a radial master. :fire:

If i had 60 or 70 mm risers they should work!

But another thing about the Gilles bars, are they are almost 2 inchs wider then the stock!

looks good, I can't wait to install my brembo M/C. I went with the regular brembo res. and I got some Ladybird mounts off evilbay

you did a great job with the installation. I have to ask, where did you get the reservoir mounting arms?

Cmon, you should know that stuff like this isn't a "bolt-on" mod :poke: If it were then everyone would be doing it. Radial levers give you so much more feel :bowdown:

John....obviously you knew this was a serious mod and and the mod gremlins may rear their lil heads at some point. But I have to say you did a great job improvising! Especially w/ the location of the fluid cups :thumbsup: What was the deal w/ the Galfer lines coming up short? When you ordered these...were they "Hayabusa" length specific?

I imagine the feel & feedback for this system is amazing. Nice work and please keep us updated on it after a few rides.

Back