Omg i'm going to spokane!!!

fastblackblur

Registered
Well im going to the track for the first time ever. I'll be going to spokane to the 2fast school/track days on the 4th and 5th of Sept. I'll be taking the busa unless I can find a killer deal on a 600/1000cc bike in the next 2-3wks. I'm very new to this kind of stuff so please share your opinions and advice.

I have the required safety gear I think. boots, gauntlents, leather suit.

Bike is currently has +1" dog bones and I've been running 190/55/17 sized tires on the rear. Currently have 2cts on the bike, should have a set a qualifiers here by then too.

thanks

gary

May very possibly see you there. I'll have my white busa and black gsxr so come by and say hello.

spokane's track is a blast. 7/8 mile straight, nice surface but some places have limited run off room. i can give you a few tips on how to max the fun and limit the risk.

but why wait until september??????

I have to wait until september mainly for work reasons. We have a significant inspection we're gearing up for so august is going to be hectic.

Hook up with Gregbob and Tufbusa if you wanna learn something!

Well im going to the track for the first time ever. I'll be going to spokane to the 2fast school/track days on the 4th and 5th of Sept. I'll be taking the busa unless I can find a killer deal on a 600/1000cc bike in the next 2-3wks. I'm very new to this kind of stuff so please share your opinions and advice.

I have the required safety gear I think. boots, gauntlents, leather suit.

Bike is currently has +1" dog bones and I've been running 190/55/17 sized tires on the rear. Currently have 2cts on the bike, should have a set a qualifiers here by then too.

thanks

gary

How do you like that +1" lift?

I really like the 1+ lift with the taller tire's effect on the busa's turn in and I've noticed no trade off in high speed stability.

I was super disapointed on the 2fast cancelation but was able to make it to the inland speed event. However the busa stayed home.... and i think that was for the best. She is not paid for yet lol. I picked up a gsxr 1k for track duty and i lowsided it in the first hairpin in session two, too much lean with cold tires....oops!
Minor damage, sliders mucked up, a little fair damage, and the kicker... the shift nob was broken off the gear selector. Luckily their were some real stand up people there that helped me get her back on the track. Only missed the session i lowsided and the next one. Lesson learned... I don't lean the bike much till lap 3 for now.

I lack the literary skills to describe this day but this turned out to be a defining moment in my life. I can't remeber the last time I've ever had so much fun. I would go as far to say I've never had so much fun. I was a little skeptical that the novice group would be fast enough for me to really have a good time because they told me they start out at 75mph. Well simply put, it was. Within 10 seconds on the first session we were doing triple digits. By the end of the day they were leading me down the strait at over 170 indicated.
I knew I had a lot to learn about ridding when I showed up but now I think I have much better idea on what it is i need to improve on. I have feeling there will be more trips to spokane in the future and with a little luck I may be able to make it to some other tracks too next year.

why did i wait till I was 29 to get in to motorcycles?
why did i wait till i was 30 to go to the track?

... some things only god knows.

gary

Back