Hi newbe here got a 1515 drag bike???

scott ferguson

Registered
First off hi my name is scott. I just bought a drag busa it is 13 over in rear, 26/7/17 slick, has a 1515 stroker, gone head stage 3 port work, rc race injectors, side wider exhaust, bla bla bla any ways i do not have any idea bout this stuff. i want the bike to go 5.20 too 5.50s in 1/8th mile. the bike made 253rwhp on the dyno. have just a couple ?s. the rear wheel does it need the rubber dampers or do i need to look up some thing solid for that. second the clutch basket should i just use a bilit basket with stock stile disks of what dont have a clue. am going too go very slow in to this proses lol drag bikes are new to me iv allwas liked geting up on the back tire and dragen my knee. in info whould be great thanks guys. ya not a good speller eather. lol

i will get some pics of it now i am painting the bike. im a paint and body man so i never ride on someone elses colors. the bike is bad or at least i think so. lol yall help me out please. thanks guys.

Lots of good peeps on the board that can help you with the straight track. Welcome to the oRg!

whats good Scott? Thats a nice beast you have. this site is cool but you wont find much drag racing help on that level here. Try www.psychobike.com thats the drag racers site. Send me a pm with the questions you have. I run a 1441 NOS Busa, 11'stretch, sidewinder, slider clutch etc... I"ll try to help you as much as I can. I go by Big J on there.

whats good Scott? Thats a nice beast you have. this site is cool but you wont find much drag racing help on that level here. Try www.psychobike.com thats the drag racers site. Send me a pm with the questions you have. I run a 1441 NOS Busa, 11'stretch, sidewinder, slider clutch etc... I"ll try to help you as much as I can. I go by Big J on there.

thank you i will holla at you. just finished the paint man it is bas azz!!!

second the clutch basket should i just use a bilit basket with stock stile disks of what dont have a clue.

clutchhhub.jpg

Everything you need to know about Busa clutches

billet basket is good, But I dont run them. When I ran a lockup I ran stock baskets with the modified pressure plate and modified access cover. Just keep an eye on the clutch basket, when it looks worn toss it in the trash. You can buy ALOT of stock baskets for the $400 of a billet basket. Get'em used $40 all day long. And guess what, the billet ones scar too. :whistle:

Back