My on my Gen II .............................Twistie Pics

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
These are a few pics my daughter took on some local Mountain road near Big Bear.

Please feel free to critique the form and riding position as I am a noob and could use all the help I can get, BUT BE NICE and keep it to constructive criticism only.
Thank you
Bubba

IMG_6400.jpg

IMG_6306.JPG

IMG_6286.JPG

IMG_6421.JPG

IMG_6426.jpg

IMG_6429.jpg

IMG_6432.JPG

IMG_6437.JPG

IMG_6473.JPG

IMG_6479.JPG

I'm NO Twisty rider.....But your form lookz good to me!!! :thumbsup: You Got that Rocket "LAID OVER" in sum dem Pics :bowdown: Very nice Pics Bro, lookz like you got yourself a future Photographer Too!! :beerchug:

Slide your but off until the seat is giving you a wedgie. Try not to get so close to the line that your body is over the center line. Don't go into the corner so fast that you can't make corrections if a surprise pops up. Other than that, looking good. :thumbsup:

Slide your but off until the seat is giving you a wedgie. Try not to get so close to the line that your body is over the center line. Don't go into the corner so fast that you can't make corrections if a surprise pops up. Other than that, looking good. :thumbsup:

Good eye Bro, I really have a bad habit of hugging the line and I am trying to work that out. I have finally gotten better at hard blind right handers and now need to get off the seat a little more and work on the form and position on the road.
Thanks and keep the advice coming, I need all the help I can get, and track days too.
Bubba

Great pics and GREAT road! :thumbsup:

I'm NO Twisty rider.....But your form lookz good to me!!! :thumbsup: You Got that Rocket "LAID OVER" in sum dem Pics :bowdown: Very nice Pics Bro, lookz like you got yourself a future Photographer Too!! :beerchug:

mike1180
Yes this is a great road to test your slow skills as it is very quick, clean and very little traffic.

Thanks ToXSick, and yes the daughter really can take the photos.
Bubba

+1 on what Doug said up there. Slide off the seat more, lean the bike less. And, yep, try to stay away from the center. You don't want to come around a sharp left and be eating the headlight of a car because they went wide...

You mentioned track days...my first track day, I learned so much about my Busa and what it will do...also what I can do. I went with some buddys...one races. He followed me throughout the day so he could offer advice and by the end of the day, he said there was very noticeable improvement in my riding. I was much smoother, much faster by the end of the day. I wasn't tearing up the track by any means, but I had some guys on lighter bikes pretty surprised at what the Busa could do.

Keep practicing...you're looking good.

A few track days with good riders will change the way you ride everywhere. I used to think a good corner meant getting a knee down. Now I don't even ride fast enough on the street to make that happen. I get my share of knee dragging at the local track. Most of my friends I ride with know that we won't be going fast enough to drag anything on group rides. I know too many people that have gotten killed or mamed pushing to the edge of their tire on the street.

One other thing about your form: Your sternum should be pointed into the turn. If you lower your head a bit more like you are charging into battle, your corner will feel more natural. If you do get any tire slippage hold your body position with the intent to finish that corner. Your tires can recover from some pretty amazing slips if you don't upset the bike with sudden movements. Be accurate, purposeful and smooth for a great ride.

Wow! Very Cool! I like the first & last shots, great angle. :thumbsup:

But yes I recommend not too close to the centerline on blind curves. I have seen too many other drivers come over to my side and a few were logging trucks ! :angry:

Be safe .

Looks like you had a fun day! Nothing like a twisty mountain road to get a big grin:laugh:

+1 on what Doug said up there. Slide off the seat more, lean the bike less. And, yep, try to stay away from the center. You don't want to come around a sharp left and be eating the headlight of a car because they went wide...

You mentioned track days...my first track day, I learned so much about my Busa and what it will do...also what I can do. I went with some buddys...one races. He followed me throughout the day so he could offer advice and by the end of the day, he said there was very noticeable improvement in my riding. I was much smoother, much faster by the end of the day. I wasn't tearing up the track by any means, but I had some guys on lighter bikes pretty surprised at what the Busa could do.

A few track days with good riders will change the way you ride everywhere. I used to think a good corner meant getting a knee down. Now I don't even ride fast enough on the street to make that happen. I get my share of knee dragging at the local track. Most of my friends I ride with know that we won't be going fast enough to drag anything on group rides. I know too many people that have gotten killed or mamed pushing to the edge of their tire on the street.

One other thing about your form: Your sternum should be pointed into the turn. If you lower your head a bit more like you are charging into battle, your corner will feel more natural. If you do get any tire slippage hold your body position with the intent to finish that corner. Your tires can recover from some pretty amazing slips if you don't upset the bike with sudden movements. Be accurate, purposeful and smooth for a great ride.

But yes I recommend not too close to the centerline on blind curves. I have seen too many other drivers come over to my side and a few were logging trucks ! :angry:

Be safe .

Looks like you had a fun day! Nothing like a twisty mountain road to get a big grin:laugh:

Thanks to all, I really do understand and appreciate all the comments and advice.
Yes I do need a lot of practice on my form and I plan on doing much more and need all the comments.
Please keep them coming so I can improve my game.
This is what the ORG is about!:thumbsup::bowdown:
Thanks again,
Bubba

Be safe .

I really like the comments and I need the feedback as I rarely have someone behind me to tell me what I am doing wrong. I know the track will give me the mental and physical things I need, but I am strapped for time.
Thanks all
Bubba

AWESOME pics bro, Could pass for a "sport rider" front page reading " The Twistie Slayer: HAYABUBBA " :beerchug: haha, I gotta stop. but really, great photography as well! Both riding/photography look pro to me. keep it up!

AWESOME pics bro, Could pass for a "sport rider" front page reading " The Twistie Slayer: HAYABUBBA " :beerchug: haha, I gotta stop. but really, great photography as well! Both riding/photography look pro to me. keep it up!

Thanks Bro, I am still working on Both!:thumbsup:
Bubba

Bubba, looked good hittin those twisties!! Can't wait to hit those twisties with you and the rest of the SoCal hoons!! Wish I could make it to the stampede. Scar insures me that he will plan another ride in SoCal for all of us to get together. :thumbsup::beerchug:

+1 on getting of the bike more. That includes your upper body as well as your butt. For corners you can see all the way through, you knee on the center line is fine. If its a blind corner, run close to the outer line in case something is coming the other way. They may be across the center line.

Back