lowered busa need kickstand help

tjmakeveli

Registered
i lowered my busa 1'' in front and have soupy;s adj links in rear, do i have to buy a new kickstand or is there a mod i can do to the stock one???:please:

I wouldn't do that mod, I would take the stand off and put it in a hydrolic press and just slightly bend it. Take a straight edge and lay it on it noting the gap and then put it in a press and slightly push it when you see it flexing a little release press and check it with a straight edge again. there is no problem with the kick stand in the forward moving position. my busa has never fallen from a kick stand, just leave it in gear and roll it forward till it is taunt and then put the kick stand down and ensure it is all the way out before you tilt it onto it... Idealy you would spend the dough for a nice adjustable kick stand with the finish over your liking, but freebe wise, just bend it a little with the natural curve it already has.

No offence mc, but I would rather grind a 1/8th inch notch to make it sit forward than to bend and possibly weaken the stand. as far as the length, I cut about an inch out of mine and welded the foot back on it until I bought a short one.

:thumbsup:
No offence mc, but I would rather grind a 1/8th inch notch to make it sit forward than to bend and possibly weaken the stand. as far as the length, I cut about an inch out of mine and welded the foot back on it until I bought a short one.
This what I did. Mine looks stock & no probs!

Seems like bending it would weaken the stand. It may not happen for a length of time but it will happen. Grinding the notch out is what i did. make sure you park the bike in gear always.:rulez:

Back