No Headlight

julianw

Registered
Please help my headlight went out all other lights remained on . Checked the light and its good seems to be a loss of power. Does any one have an 05 service manual or has had this problem?
Thanks

did you check voltage at the headlight ballast to ensure that you are getting power there or not. if there is power there then bad headlight, trace backwards from the problem... except the easiest fuse check first. if no power I would say fuse, did you check continuity of the fuse and not just look at it

Please help my headlight went out all other lights remained on . Checked the light and its good seems to be a loss of power. Does any one have an 05 service manual or has had this problem?
Thanks

Julianw- Did you receive the manual? if not, let me know, I have an electronic version. :thumbsup:

did you check voltage at the headlight ballast to ensure that you are getting power there or not. if there is power there then bad headlight, trace backwards from the problem... except the easiest fuse check first. if no power I would say fuse, did you check continuity of the fuse and not just look at it

busa's don't have a ballast unless you're running HID's....:poke:

did you get the manual? if not, i can e-mail you a pdf file for the manual i downloaded. 99-07 were all the same.

Thanks guys I was not able to get the manual for an 05. They had 99-02 and 08 nothing in between. I am running HID's and the switchbacks from the org.. I don't know what difference that will make if any.

I was told the service manuals were different for 03 - 07 models. I have an 05 if your manual includes this model please send. Thanks

Did you ever find out the answer to this? I changed out my switch housings and the same thing happened. the ignition switch would fully retract when i started the bike so the lights never came on. put the stock switch housings back on and they came on.

Back