need some help with measurements..

DR1300R

Keep On Trucking
Donating Member
Registered
Looking at buying a gps mount that is sold by twistedthrottle but they are only showing it available for the 2nd gen..

Needing the measurements on the two bottom top clamp bolts 1st gen verses 2nd gen.. heres a pic to help explain what I'm talking about. mount bolts to the bottom of the two bolts that hold on the top clamp..

We are out doing the trucking thing so needing both measurements or a plain and simple yes they are the same and it will work on a 1st gen. :thumbsup:

TwistedThrottle.com : SW-MOTECH Vibration-Damped GPS Holder (Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1340R, '08-) - GPS.05.012.10000/B

You need the center to center on the two lower bolts on the tree (top clamp) ???

The top clamp is cosmetically different, but the center to center is the same...and the
distance from the top of the bolt to the bottom washer (thickness of the clamp and the
upper tree) all seem to be the same.

Take a look at RAM Mounts for your GPS. I like mine better than anything I have seen out there, but I admit I am not familiar with the one you are looking at.

The top clamp is cosmetically different, but the center to center is the same...and the
distance from the top of the bolt to the bottom washer (thickness of the clamp and the
upper tree) all seem to be the same.

Cool.. :thumbsup: I should be good to go then... :bowdown:

Thanks Rich..

Take a look at RAM Mounts for your GPS. I like mine better than anything I have seen out there, but I admit I am not familiar with the one you are looking at.

I'm running a Tech mount as of now.. I've looked at the Ram mounts and they don't really do it for me..

Thanks anyway.. :thumbsup:

I'm running a Tech mount as of now.. I've looked at the Ram mounts and they don't really do it for me..

Thanks anyway.. :thumbsup:

No worries bro. Post a picture when you get it together.

Back