HID What color to go with?

4300 is closer to naural sun-light. I have a 6000 in mine and I don't know how I ever rode with out it! 6000 gives a bright white with a slight blue pitch. Of course each manufacturer will have a slightly different hue.

its all up to you really. i use 10000k and like it. but if it were in a car i wouldnt go that bright :poke:

and i dont know if i would use a hid kit from someone who also sells tattoo guns:laugh:

its all up to you really. i use 10000k and like it. but if it were in a car i wouldnt go that bright :poke:

and i dont know if i would use a hid kit from someone who also sells tattoo guns:laugh:

how could you go wrong. dont think i would buy a tatoo kit from them though. may come with swine flu or worse.

for your info the number isnt the k actually the lower the number the brighter the bulb and the more efficient it is...

i went with a 3k and 8k...they are great for me.

2009-06-23 10.59.10.jpg

What Todd said: "K" is not a factor of brightness. For that, look at the lumens produced. Most of your 4300K bulbs are in the 3200 lumen range, while your higher K bulbs drop off from there. If I recall correctly, the 10,000K bulbs are listed on average at around 2200 lumen.

I run the 6000K in mine and love them. Definitely gives off plenty of light (2800 Lumen) and is a LOT brighter than the stock bulbs. Once you get them, you'll wonder how you rode without them at night.

i went with a 6000 low and 4300 high beam...you don't want a 4300 low beam as it is the same color as the sun and if you are traveling with the sun at your back, on-coming traffic is not as likely to see your headlight...the 6000 is much more noticeable during the day and plenty bright enough at night :beerchug:

you will wonder how you ever rode without it once you get it done

Back