Care to post your opinion as to the reason?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
This is an awsome photo sequence of photos of a crash on a public road. Maybe you have an opinion of what causet the crash. Appears to be a GSXR750. I'd bet cash the rider has race experience.

Clicky!

One thing I may add is, the first photo should be used by Pirelli as an advertisment to the fenominal grip of the Corsa III! That bike has serious lean and a true testimonial to how close to race grip the modern day street tire has.

One thing I may add is, the first photo should be used by Pirelli as an advertisment to the fenominal grip of the Corsa III! That bike has serious lean and a true testimonial to how close to race grip the modern day street tire has.

Except they didn't grip all the way through the corner.

But,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when that photo was taken they were gripping just fine!

No one can question the lean angle on those puppies.

I don't know. Looks like the front end was already tucking. But for the milisecond before it actually broke loose, it does make for a good photo.

Last edited:
Not much to go on there bud...he is way over on that thing. Probably too much lean angle, in it was a video, I could tell what happened...but not from just 1 pic.

i think he didn't get off the seat far enough, ended up leaning the bike too much, scrubbed the hard parts, unloaded the rear end, and lost traction...just my guess from what i see and what i have seen several times riding behind those who went down while i managed to get stopped without dumping my ride or running over them

it's always amazing to me when people make a comment about someone riding too hard on a certain piece of asphault and crashing when the person right behind them made it around the same curve while also having to negotiate around or through the crashing rider...most of the time, it isn't the road or the bike, it is the rider making a mistake...those tires will take almost anything you can throw at them other than a full race situation...just my meaningless $.02

The rider himself states that his riding position was lazy and that he should have been off the seat more than he was.

Others attribute the crash to the camera,

Others attribute it to track day riding on public road, ( It's obviously a track bike with lights mounted to make it streetable during the day ).

Others attribute it to his street tires v. track tires, ( see above ).

Very lucky with all the nice trees he missed. Mine didn't turn out so well...

Either the bike or the rider (or both) were pushed beyond their abilities and/or limits....Quite obvious

Ride at 100% and you've got nothing left for any unforeseen variables that might arise. Not really on issue on the street though, as we all know that the street is a very controlled environment and unforeseen variables rarely, if ever, actually present. :whistle:

I'd love to run that hard on the street but I just won't due to the risk. The rider in the pics OBVIOUSLY has a different risk profile.

The shot that would probably show it - missed. You have the before, and the aftermath, but not a shot of where he broke it off at. In my VERY HUMBLE WHEN TALKING TO STEVEN opinion, wonder if he just tapped that throttle a little too hard at that high lean angle....

The shot that would probably show it - missed. You have the before, and the aftermath, but not a shot of where he broke it off at. In my VERY HUMBLE WHEN TALKING TO STEVEN opinion, wonder if he just tapped that throttle a little too hard at that high lean angle....

Or he rolled out of the trottle ,loaded the front tire, and tucked it.

i think he didn't get off the seat far enough, ended up leaning the bike too much, scrubbed the hard parts, unloaded the rear end, and lost traction...just my guess from what i see and what i have seen several times riding behind those who went down while i managed to get stopped without dumping my ride or running over them

it's always amazing to me when people make a comment about someone riding too hard on a certain piece of asphault and crashing when the person right behind them made it around the same curve while also having to negotiate around or through the crashing rider...most of the time, it isn't the road or the bike, it is the rider making a mistake...those tires will take almost anything you can throw at them other than a full race situation...just my meaningless $.02

Sounds like you hit it. :beerchug:

Back