Peg Mount Question

powderpusher

Registered
I own a Powder Coating Business. This morning a customer dropped off some Busa parts to be coated. The footpeg mounts have three rubber bushing inserts where they bolt to the frame. These do not want to come out and I do not want to force them. Can anyone tell me if they are removable. Thanks

I was able to push them out after heating the part to about 450 degrees. They still did not come easy, and one of them came apart. The customer gave his o.k. to do this and doesn't have a problem with replacing them. If anyone knows the proper way to remove these let me know. The dealer that the owner contacted did not know how.:please:

:welcome: to the org. Sorry cant help but would recommend you read through previous posts on powder-coating. I remember reading something about this part whether or not it can be removed etc. G. Luck!

:welcome: to the org. Sorry cant help but would recommend you read through previous posts on powder-coating. I remember reading something about this part whether or not it can be removed etc. G. Luck!

Thanks I found it.:banghead: Duh ! when all else fails try the little box marked search

I never removed mine for powder coating, and they held up fine..

I had mine coated and all the guy did was cover over them with tape. I went with the recommendation of others that the busings would weather the heat ok. Which mine did, to the surprise of the powder coater. I do imagine if you do this more than once, that the rubber will dry out and crack.

By the way my customer bought new bushings for his peg mounts. At $12.00 each they cost him more than the powder coating.:cursin:

:welcome: Don't be a stranger. Drop in more often and get a lot of info from the great folks here on the Org.:thumbsup:

Thanks, I have done quite abit of reading here. I market my biz on several other bike forums, this one seems to be a cut above the others with good info and a whole lot less mindless BS

Back