MMORPG Confession

Silent Shogun

Registered
Warning!!! DISCLAIMER!! The following is rambling by a geek/dork....if you know anyone like this you will get this confession and giggle like the guy LARPING in the forest yelling "Lightning bolt!"

Hello, My name is Shogun...Silent Shogun as i am know across many lands and galaxies..(And the occassional battlefield). I am a MMORPG geek and addict. I started my addiction with ultima online...it was harmless enough...little did i know it was a gateway game! Before i knew it i was moving on to harder stuff...Everquest (evercrack) pulled me in and would not loosen its grip...Hours were spent leveling nightelves and warriors. I finally managed to pull away only to be drawn in again by World of Warcraft. Alliance patches dotted everything i had and i my addiction became apparent to my loved ones who noticed my changes: WOW strategy guides hidden all through my house, the usage of strange words like l33t and Powned, and my random screams of LEEEEEROOOOYYYY JEEEEENKIIIIIINSSS!!!

It is happening all over again....i was coerced into EVE online recently. I should have recognized the pushers strategy right way... The "First hit is free" 15 day trial. I want to quit...to find more productive things to do, but all i can think about is leveling my battlecruiser to be able to use torpedos.....Maybe i should just embrace it and have my Bike painted with a Paladin swinging a hammer and the license plate reading "Healadin"??

Sigh...im a dork...i need help!

Well I have to tell you something... WoW was and is still fun... as for Eve Online.. Sure you wanna get that battecruiser skill up to use the torpedoes.. but you have to ask yourself are you in it for the PVP or going full on PVE.

I would skip the torpedoes on a battlecruiser and go straight for a battle ship...

I am assuming Caldari since you are using missiles. Get yourself a Raven and don't look back.. If you are gonna stay in a cruiser then just make yourself a passive shield tank throw on some heavy missile launchers and run L4 missions all day long.

Just my .02

Already got a raven. :) I got away from WOW because of 8 hour raids eating away at my life. lol. Now im getting hooked on EVE. Im playing around with various ideas, but i have to join a corp here soon with my friend and he is going to teach me the finer points. Never thought their would be anyone else on here into MMO's. We are everywhere..lol

What I didnt admit that I played them just sharing some insight to things I have experienced... I mean heard from others talking about them. :rofl:

OK fine im busted... ima geek.

Trammel ruined UO, made things too easy. And EA pulling the plug on 3 expansions that were at 90% completion. So far I have remained safe from others though. :)

8 hour raids? Dang, I'm glad I've avoided getting into that dang thing!

--Wag--

I am a Caldari I quit Eve took to long to get skill points I was in it for about 8 months, insurance would not pay for the things added on to the ship which sometimes ended costing more than the ship..... If you can get a good group who are loyal to each other(goodluck), If PvP is what you are looking for you are good but if pvp isn't what you are looking for there you are wasting your time. I am City of Heroes Beta an player game still rocking. great pve content with pvp also can enjoy it either way. I ride a Busa that automatically makes me a non-geek

Last edited:
:laugh:

hope.jpg

GoAWOL...Awesome..lol...Reminded me of Role models and KISSmyAnthia. Oh...and its 70+ Paladin with Tier 4 gear....Im no Newb...OK..im going to have to stop for real before we get into to which way to spec and Tactics when healing and tanking...SERIOUSLY..what Warrior over 50 doesn't know what maintaining AGGRO is...

Way to much time in these games..i could have gotten my masters with the wasted time.....

Last edited:
Well I have to tell you something... WoW was and is still fun... as for Eve Online.. Sure you wanna get that battecruiser skill up to use the torpedoes.. but you have to ask yourself are you in it for the PVP or going full on PVE.

I would skip the torpedoes on a battlecruiser and go straight for a battle ship...

I am assuming Caldari since you are using missiles. Get yourself a Raven and don't look back.. If you are gonna stay in a cruiser then just make yourself a passive shield tank throw on some heavy missile launchers and run L4 missions all day long.

Just my .02

WOW I didnt know you were that big of a nerd Lav....And What are you guys talking about? I take it you have a bike so go get on your bike then find some hott little girl that wants a ride and go have some fun....Not stay locked in a dark room all day playing games and eating hot pockets. Geez. :lol:

WOW I didnt know you were that big of a nerd Lav....And What are you guys talking about? I take it you have a bike so go get on your bike then find some hott little girl that wants a ride and go have some fun....Not stay locked in a dark room all day playing games and eating hot pockets. Geez. :lol:

Ugg hot pockets.... Those are nasty...

I would find me a hot little number to go get busy with but then again I work to much... I don't see day cause I work from sun up to sun down.

Don't get me wrong If AWOL wants to give me that hotties number ill give her a hollar. Oh yeah I might be hittin ya up soon to help me move bud... going to look at a few houses Sunday and Monday... might pick one up.

Last edited:
Ugg hot pockets.... Those are nasty...

I would find me a hot little number to go get busy with but then again I work to much... I don't see day cause I work from sun up to sun down.

Don't get me wrong If AWOL wants to give me that hotties number ill give her a hollar. Oh yeah I might be hittin ya up soon to help me move bud... going to look at a few houses Sunday and Monday... might pick one up.
Well said Kathleen :whistle:

Shogun, youre at TQ??? I spent better part of OIF1 there... in the first company on that camp. Ill bet iv got some pics of how much of a dump that place used to be that would blow your mind.

Oh.. emm.. GL with the MMORPG thing.. really. :whistle:

Back