MotoVision replacement headlight bulb

rikrok

Registered
First, I am thankful for this board being around. Last night I decided to change the head lamp bulb. After what seems like an hour of blindly trying to unhook the retaining spring on the lamp from the bottom, I went to the board. After a 10 second search I found a posted sticky with a much easier method.

That being said, one of the first thing I do any any new bike is to get rid of the stock lamp. You would think with something like safety, the mfgrs would spend an extra few dollars for a worthwhile bulb. I have been installing the Philips MotoVision bulb. If you havn't seen it, check it out. To oncoming traffic it casts orange hue, setting it apart from all other traffic. Different is good. I think we all remember seeing the first Benz or Beamer coming at us with HID and wondering what it was. The beam this lamp throws out is a very bright white, similar to the Silver Stars. I used to use the 27k lamps to get the same effect, but it also casts a yellow beam on the road, not always good.

I dont know if our sponsors have them, but I paid $19.95 at one of the cycle parts retail chains for it.

:welcome:

post-13-40248-useless.jpg

Back