The day of her accident.

Joker

Registered
Her story

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon so we wanted to take a bike ride to get some wind in our face. So that is what we did....

Me being from Florida complained about the hot helmet I was having to wear (it's a Georgia law.) Of course, I was wearing a small tank top so that I could catch some rays during our ride and a pair of jeans. Not to mention my not so safe gear of a pair of flip flops for my feet!! Driving down the road about 50 or 60 miles an hour when the Honda 1000 (800 pound bike) starts to make a loud roaring noise and starts to fish tail. The driver of the bike begins to gear down on the bike to slow us down but the bike is still erratically fish tailing and trying to buck us off like a wild stallion might do. We got the bike speed down to about 30 miles an hour when it swerved hard enough to throw us off into the pavement. I remember hitting the ground and that was it. Lights out!!! Within seconds I remember people talking to me and questioning me....my eyes heart and my entire body was throbbing!! I could not see! Both eyes were full of blood. End result: road rash that feels and looks like I was in a bad fire all over my upper torso. Due to the 1/2 helmet my skull was spared but my face was not. I too, got bad road burns on my face. 21 stitches in my eye and nine in my chin. Thanks to those faithful Old Navy flip flops I broke a toe too!

She is doing great and getting better every day.

cdi4.jpg

Oh man!!! So sorry to hear. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Very sorry to hear, prayers sent for a full recovery.

Her story

It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon so we wanted to take a bike ride to get some wind in our face. So that is what we did....

Me being from Florida complained about the hot helmet I was having to wear (it's a Georgia law.) Of course, I was wearing a small tank top so that I could catch some rays during our ride and a pair of jeans. Not to mention my not so safe gear of a pair of flip flops for my feet!! Driving down the road about 50 or 60 miles an hour when the Honda 1000 (800 pound bike) starts to make a loud roaring noise and starts to fish tail. The driver of the bike begins to gear down on the bike to slow us down but the bike is still erratically fish tailing and trying to buck us off like a wild stallion might do. We got the bike speed down to about 30 miles an hour when it swerved hard enough to throw us off into the pavement. I remember hitting the ground and that was it. Lights out!!! Within seconds I remember people talking to me and questioning me....my eyes heart and my entire body was throbbing!! I could not see! Both eyes were full of blood. End result: road rash that feels and looks like I was in a bad fire all over my upper torso. Due to the 1/2 helmet my skull was spared but my face was not. I too, got bad road burns on my face. 21 stitches in my eye and nine in my chin. Thanks to those faithful Old Navy flip flops I broke a toe too!

She is doing great and getting better every day.

While I'm glad she survived, I do hope that she has learned her lesson. NEVER ride a motorcycle without a full face helmet, long pants and and jacket with body armor, gloves and boots. I would rather be covered with sweat than with road rash, blood ,bruises and lacerations.

While I'm glad she survived, I do hope that she has learned her lesson. NEVER ride a motorcycle without a full face helmet, long pants and and jacket with body armor, gloves and boots. I would rather be covered with sweat than with road rash, blood ,bruises and lacerations.

Amen!!!!

Oh man.... best wishes on a speedy recovery, I am dominantly always full facer all the time, and I get ridiculed here in Iowa (no helmet law) and mostly by harley guys but whatever I am never to cool for my helmet, I don't wear my jacket every where but always a helmet. I also don't recommend flip flops for any motorcycle ride. but you already know these lessons as good or better then anyone... best wishes...

Back