08 busa totaled

Micfitz

Registered
Just got word the insurance totaled my 08 busa. Barely had a 1000 miles on it. 1st thing the driver said when he got over to me was "Oh man, I just didn't see you"

Barely got the front end around his truck then impacted right in front of my knee. Major bruising on my hip and back, but nothing broken. Slight rash, over all extremely lucky. Helmet and bike took all the damage.

Sigh... so what do I get? I like unique bikes and the busa is still unique, but I have an 06 in the garage still. Do I sell the 06 and try the new bmw 1300? or maybe a can am spyder? or stay with the gen II?
hum..

forget about the spyder it's not a bike. Glad you're ok from the crash. Any salvagable parts from the Gen II available?

The fact that you have to ask, troubles me brother. But like a good sheperd when a sheep goes astray, I will give you guidance. Buy another damn GEN2!!! :poke:

Glad you faired so well...sorry bout the 'busa though.

Just get another GenII!! You can't go wrong with a "Busa of any generation!!

keep the 06. and use the insurance money to get an '09.

OR, sell the 06, use the insurance money for a left over '08 and mod the crap out of it :thumbsup:

Glad you came through OK. I'm with the gang; the Gen II looks like the best option. Sell the '06 for mod money to make it unique :).

Gen II is definately winning, I wandered thru a Harley dealer today. All the mags are raving about the xr 1200, interesting bike, but feels like a dirt bike the seat is way high. The night rod did feel nice though. Suzuki / Kawi dealer was next. All the 600's and 1000's felt like a brick under my arse. The Busa is just hard to walk away from. Thanks for all the responses. Just hoping the ins will want to sell me back the busa cheap so I can play.

Good to hear your ok... if it helps I have Harley chop, bmw gs1150r (roads are rough in the winter here) ktm & ducati bought after seeing the matrix and the bike i get on ride is my busa...

I kinda think it works like this you wouldn't give jimi hendrix a set of drums.... gotta be guitar... You already know the answer

:thumbsup:

use the money to fix up the 06, Every one is all 08 blah blah blah, turbo the 06 with a good turbo kit and still have money left for other stuff, and giggle when you blow past the gen 2's

Back