the wife didnt listen... new front fender?

Nick7

Registered
ahhhh!!! so I was already nervous about the bike going to the shop... Then the wife sends pictures and now I am even more nervous and pissed!!! I told her to put wood infront of the tire so it doesnt jack up the front fender!! What are the chanches that I dont have to to get a new front fender???

077.jpg

079.jpg

073.jpg

o my God!!! I just noticed how they tied down the front too!!! Good thing my baby is going to get a lil body work done too!

She should have stuck a folded towel on the tip of the front fender along with the wood to prevent rubbing when the truck is rolling. Cant see any damages from the pics but its plastic, meaning it would be easy to repair. Dont go too crazy on the wife. :whistle:

I bought the canyon dancer, but have seen a number of people go up through the body and attach tie offs to the tree.

You probably won't need a fender but some paint. I dropped my '06 the second day I had it at a stop sign. I lived with those minor scratches for 36K miles and nearly two years. It really depends on you.

This is going back a few years, but I did that, and low and behold needed a new fender. We did use a square block of wood, but it only sort of worked as the front fender contacted the top rim of the truck bed. Busa fender comes down so low, it sort of sticks out.

New fender for me. Got one off eBay.

Learned my lesson on that one. :rulez: Condor stand is what I have now and never worry about that again.

if they go very far, the top fairings will need paint too where the straps are run ON the fairing itself rather than down.. no point getting blown up .. will only cause trouble.. fix it and next time, do it yourself.. sorry for the problems..

I would suggest blowing the $14 uhaul gets to rent a bike trailer for 24 hours

Last edited:
The title of this thread had me a little concerned.

the wife didnt listen... new front fender?

I thought someone might be committing spousal abuse with a bike part.

Like they say

If you want something done right. Do it yourself

Sorry Bro... Hope its not tooo bad

DO3... the king of "over engineered" :rofl: I run that front chock and a strap off each passenger foot peg forward at a 45.. very little load on bike (so far about 8000 miles racked up and no issues)

All the force of those tie-downs in the original pics is being applied directly to the bodywork. If you look close you can see the front fairing buckled right next to the straps. There's almost surely other stress cracks/breaks as well. That bodywork will never sit right again :banghead: I can't believe anybody connected with a dealer, or motorcycles, would strap a bike down like that :banghead: :banghead:

All the force of those tie-downs in the original pics is being applied directly to the bodywork. If you look close you can see the front fairing buckled right next to the straps. There's almost surely other stress cracks/breaks as well. That bodywork will never sit right again :banghead: I can't believe anybody connected with a dealer, or motorcycles, would strap a bike down like that :banghead: :banghead:

Thats some stoopid funny. At least he's got frame sliders for when that plastic cracks and the bike goes over. 'Course it wont hit the sliders:whistle:, the bike will hit the bed sides...or fall off the back. :poke:

"Bad RubbaH" .

I used a 2X12 in front of mine for a couple of years. Then this weekend a buddy met me try his Baxley stand, dude that thing is sweet! Just roll the bike in and it positively captures the front wheel. Just a couple of straps on the rear pulling forward some and that was it for 1200 miles! Didn't twitch, shift, nothing! They're $200 or so but I will have one soon! The fender was about an inch back from the top of the bed, so it worked perfect.

I used a 2X12 in front of mine for a couple of years. Then this weekend a buddy met me try his Baxley stand, dude that thing is sweet! Just roll the bike in and it positively captures the front wheel. Just a couple of straps on the rear pulling forward some and that was it for 1200 miles! Didn't twitch, shift, nothing! They're $200 or so but I will have one soon! The fender was about an inch back from the top of the bed, so it worked perfect.
I have one....they rock :thumbsup: One of the best bike investments I've ever made :beerchug:

Back