Fixed the oil filter issue with the Yosh Full Exhaust

vmaxbaby

Registered
So as many of you know if you have a yosh full exhaust system your oil filter may not come out. I have contacted YOSH about the problem and they are well aware of it, they got a 09 busa in the shop and see the issue. Problem is they are not doing anything to fix it according to RD. To expensive to retool I guess. So the fix... I purchased a Brocks flexible oil line to replace the factory rigid oil line. Now you can move the oil line around a little to get the filter pass it. Next time I do an oil change I will take some pictures. The line is $ 111.00 dollars.

I knew some folks were able to get it out of there, This is good to know info man.

I'll look into the line, Thanks.

So as many of you know if you have a yosh full exhaust system your oil filter may not come out. I have contacted YOSH about the problem and they are well aware of it, they got a 09 busa in the shop and see the issue. Problem is they are not doing anything to fix it according to RD. To expensive to retool I guess. So the fix... I purchased a Brocks flexible oil line to replace the factory rigid oil line. Now you can move the oil line around a little to get the filter pass it. Next time I do an oil change I will take some pictures. The line is $ 111.00 dollars.

Do you have a part number? I went to the Brock's website and couldn't find the flexable oil line:banghead: I'm going to be installing my Yosh full system next week and would like to install that line at the same time. Thanks:beerchug:

Your correct, the only work around I knew about was simply to remove the line at the hard location (lwr r/h side of motor). But, you really have to be careful with the o-ring, cause it can fall out pretty easily and then she'll leak like a sieve once she's back together...

I use to remove the line on the lwr r/h side. I've installed stainless steel studs and use nuts so the engine threads are not stressed each time the line is removed. The studs are secured to the engine with Loctite.

There is a support arm from the bottom of the cooler, pointing rearwards. Perhaps the arm can be removed during filter change and the filter pulled out between the middle DP’s, that would be better than stressing the oil line.

The studs in the block was my 2nd choice but the line works very well. It is a braided line so it looks good and is a quality piece for sure. Which is why it is 111.00

I love the sound of the yosh 4 into 1 full exhaust for sure, everyone that hears it sounds WOW that thing (busa) sounds awesum. So I am still very happy with the exhaust but the attitude of Yosh sucks. The lady had the nerve to tell me that I could take the cooler off, or remove the header....:rofl: I ask her if she had ever put an exhaust on in her life and that removing a header wasn't even close to a solution. I did tell her I would not be spending any more money with them and would tell everyone I knew to put another brand exhaust on if that is their fix.

I told them also to include the flex line with all exhausts since they didn't want to retool and that would be okay.

The next generation Busa you can bet they try and take a filter off and make sure they can.

Anyhow I am done ranting.... attached is the part number you will need.

brocks.jpg

Last edited:
People seem to be making a bigger deal out of this than necessary. I have the Yosh too and it's not that big of a deal to simply unbolt the oil line or the lower oil cooler bracket. I've done it both ways and it takes 30 seconds. Come on folks! If this is the biggest problem you've got then........:poke:

The studs in the block was my 2nd choice but the line works very well. It is a braided line so it looks good and is a quality piece for sure. Which is why it is 111.00

I love the sound of the yosh 4 into 1 full exhaust for sure, everyone that hears it sounds WOW that thing (busa) sounds awesum. So I am still very happy with the exhaust but the attitude of Yosh sucks. The lady had the nerve to tell me that I could take the cooler off, or remove the header....:rofl: I ask her if she had ever put an exhaust on in her life and that removing a header wasn't even close to a solution. I did tell her I would not be spending any more money with them and would tell everyone I knew to put another brand exhaust on if that is their fix.

I told them also to include the flex line with all exhausts since they didn't want to retool and that would be okay.

The next generation Busa you can bet they try and take a filter off and make sure they can.

Anyhow I am done ranting.... attached is the part number you will need.

Thank appreciate the info:beerchug:

Back