Cant have nothing these days!!!

In some states you pretty much have the right to shoot them the moment they pulled into your driveway; however, you would have to live with it on your conscience the rest of your life. So maybe you did the right thing. However, in my older age I've lost patience with thieves; I probably would have waited until they made the mistake of doing something, then tried to hold them for the police, or sent some lead their way.

In some states you pretty much have the right to shoot them the moment they pulled into your driveway; however, you would have to live with it on your conscience the rest of your life. So maybe you did the right thing. However, in my older age I've lost patience with thieves; I probably would have waited until they made the mistake of doing something, then tried to hold them for the police, or sent some lead their way.

What states give you that right? Suppose they were just lost or needed help?

Get a laser on each of those pistols. Don't say anything next time. Just laze the targets in a way they can't miss the red dots on their chests and foreheads. The message will be loud and clear.

I don't care who you are, getting a "dot" on you without the wielder saying a word is an eerie feeling.

If I read this right the car was facing you? I would have left a few rounds in their block and waited for the cops. I know in KY you have the right to shoot when they pull in your driveway

i would of waited for all those dirty bastids to exit there car so they have no choice but to run on foot, then atleast you have a vehicle hopefully registered in one of there names and not stolen.
i don't think they will be coming back anytime soon when they saw your "hardware", just a wild guess! :laugh:

Get a laser on each of those pistols. Don't say anything next time. Just laze the targets in a way they can't miss the red dots on their chests and foreheads. The message will be loud and clear.

I don't care who you are, getting a "dot" on you without the wielder saying a word is an eerie feeling.

Yeah, thats a definite way to get the message out there. Plus, you can do that without giving your location away. :beerchug:

If I read this right the car was facing you? I would have left a few rounds in their block and waited for the cops. I know in KY you have the right to shoot when they pull in your driveway
You don't have the right to shoot somebody for pulling into your driveway in ANY state. At least not without seeing them get out and attempt to take something. Remember a few months back that ignorant couple who shot the kids for trespassing? Didn't work out too well for them, now did it?
It's easy to say what you would do when discussing it on the internet, being there is a whole different ball game. 99% of people will simply ***** up and do nothing while getting jacked, no matter how tough they talk.
Regardless, things worked out well in this incident, nobody going to prison, still got all your stuff. Some people have some good ideas on what could have been done differently, but let's hope there won't be a next time!

this happend to my neighbor a few years ago. He always had a camper in his drive way and apperently he took it to be serviced and who ever thought he was outta town camping and the truck pulled up to his garage and kicked his door in then opnd the big garage door to steal his harley. well he came out and got there atention by shooting a round into the side of the truck cab while they were in the garage with hands on his bike. nedless to say they didnt think of running. didnt really like that neighbor so dont know to the fullest of what happnd but he was arrested that night and released the next day. I supposed due to unloading a firearm in an unsafe maner. I have a gun for home security and i will shoot any one entering my house without heasitation but the situation with this is id probably act the same way. not shooting but letting them know i could have. hard to say tho with not being aware of the situation you were just thrown into. the mind reacts not thinks as much as ppl would like in that situation. Id like to say id go barry bonds with a base ball bat on there car but thats movie stuff.:whistle:

I have been in this situation and believe me its alot harder to multi task than you think. (calling 911, taking mental notes, confronting them and so on at the same time) If I were in this situation I would be lurking in the shadows behind cover. I would then wait until they got out and I would paint the nearest guy with the laser sight from my AR15 and say nothing just as others have said. I wouldn't paint his head but instead somewhere of center mass and hopefully he will notice and bug out. If you paint his head you run the risk of flashing his eyes. He would then be able to locate the orgin of the laser thus compromising your position. Also waiting for them to step out allows you to asses them for any weapons and better judge their intentions. If that failed I would then verbally warn them unless I was out gunned. The element of surprise is your friend. On another note even if u get no details of the intruders calling the police is still a good idea. Usually the police will step up patrols in your area.

You did well,

In Georgia, you do have the right to protect yourself and your property if threatened.

Next time ensure that yours is the only story that can be told.

i would of waited for all those dirty bastids to exit there car so they have no choice but to run on foot, then atleast you have a vehicle hopefully registered in one of there names and not stolen.
i don't think they will be coming back anytime soon when they saw your "hardware", just a wild guess! :laugh:

This really makes alot of sense. I would have just wait until they were all in my garage and then just held them there until the police got there. They were up to something cause you have a long driveway and it's not like it's right by the street. I've already had my car broken into twice. the first time they stole almost 4 thounsand dollars worth of stereo equipment.they came back about a week later and broke my other window to see if I had put anything else in there. I moved from there and the same night that I moved into my new apartment someone stole my Suzuki 750. Now I have a garage and if some runs up in it it's a wrap.

We can nick pick everything after it happens, but when it is actually happening we do things differently. You should call the cops first and wait till they do something then you announce yourself and wait for the cops to show. I am happy to hear that you do own firearms. I have a couple myself. I have to make sure people knew that I had a firearm on me so that they would change their minds.

This really makes alot of sense. I would have just wait until they were all in my garage and then just held them there until the police got there. They were up to something cause you have a long driveway and it's not like it's right by the street. I've already had my car broken into twice. the first time they stole almost 4 thounsand dollars worth of stereo equipment.they came back about a week later and broke my other window to see if I had put anything else in there. I moved from there and the same night that I moved into my new apartment someone stole my Suzuki 750. Now I have a garage and if some runs up in it it's a wrap.
gotta protect family and property! they would have 2 options here on the homestead, my mastiff or my 40cal. ,take your pick. :whistle:

The sad thing is the people in the car were probably young kids, im 22 and still do dumb things but i would never risk getting killed over a vehicle...what are u guys thought about this?

You just did...
It's night and dark, what if one of the "kids" in the back (or all of them for
that matter) got their own gun out without you seeing it and shot you and/or
your brother?

Call 911 first (now at least they should be on their way and you never know
close they are. Maybe there is a cop a few streets over.

Depending on the state, but most dos not allow you to take life for personal
property, only to defend your life or anothers is it even legal for you to shoot.

You really Really REALLY DO NOT want to fire on anyone. There are no
garuntees, you most likely (even if completely right) will do jail time, will get
sued, not to mention the mental/emotional issue of knowing you took someones life

Lastly, what if...they were just 4 kids looking for a party that got the address
wrong? They're calling the cops and your going to jail...

You took a big risk on a lot of different levels...
Stay in the house, call 911. Wait for the police that is their job and they are
trained for it and it's legal. Let the perps make a diffinitive move and then act if
necessary. If it got to that point you mighta just stuck your head out the window
and yelled and watch them speed off. I'll take that over 3 years of expensive
legal battles ANYDAY.

The movies make that stuff look cool but in reality, you put yourself in a
situation that could end very badly in a LOT of different ways.

No, I'm not sit by and let someone steal my bike but I'm not walking up to
a car load of people I don't know and pull a gun :banghead:

1) congrats on taking care to secure yours n your bros belongings-because there damn sure aint anyone ELSE out there going to do it for you.:beerchug:

2)NEVER let a theif/criminal of any kind KNOW that you are watching/see them! always try to stay out of view if possible, or at least stay near SOLID cover JIC.

3)If your gun misfired:whistle: just one round into the air on YOUR property-Im pretty sure the crooks would get the point AND think twice about ever approaching your place, or anyone else's, again...but thats assuming their not retarded-which they probably are. last time I checked, cops werent handing out tickets for discharging a firearm on private property as a result of an equipment malfunction...of course, riddling a vehicle w/hot loads pulling outta your driveway woulda ended bad for you...but if you caught a tire-it woulda been alot worse for THEM:laugh:

looks like you got a big yard too....plenty of room to dig a big hole:whistle:

Back