New Wheels?

JohnBlu5

Registered
I'm new to the Busa world (and the bike world too)... I'm getting sick of the black stock rims... How much should I expect to pay for an upgrade, and how could it effect my handling, gas mileage, acceleration, etc.?

About $2200 to $3000 for a pair of aftermarket wheels (Oz, Carrozzeria, etc.).
Handling....major upgrade (turn in/flickibility, unsprung weight, braking, suspension compliance, etc.).
gas mileage....probably not measurable.
Acceleration.....sure feels faster! (doubt that sheer measureable acceleration is changed).

Don't forget the mental comfort knowing they're on there!

Raydog

MF1A2149.jpg

P1010418.JPG

P1010320.JPG

Some killer deals on wheels can be found through oRg Sponsors.... Agree with everything said above love mine as well!

Call me when your ready to buy we will go thru some options..503-663-3278

Go with something like Carrozzeria. They are a good bang for the buck. At one time, they were offering wheels and rotors for around $2,000.

Also check with the sponsors, I'm sure they can find you some good deals and good customer service.

what wheels are these? they look great!

Thanks, they are Dymag 7 spokes.

I got them from Oncycles when they dropped the line for a steal. GixerHP got his there too.
Not sure who's the new distributor for them.

Get with Goldenchild, he may know or be able to help with another option.

Last edited:
Raydog love the pics of the bike. It looks sick and fast as hell even when standing still. Can't wait to ride with you again in Reno. I learned alot from talking with you and just watching you ride. All you guys showed what a 'Busa could really do in the twisties.

Can somebody give me a price for BST wheels?

Figure around $3,750

I don't know if that includes bearings, spacers or if they are made for the Busa rear sprocket. You really need to know what else you'll need to install any new wheel. I think Marchesini sends everything for $2,445 and Gale requires at least you use a AFAM rear sprocket.

Get the July issue of Super streetbike, they have a great list of Custom Wheels for Sports Bikes :beerchug:

I read the July issue and now know what I want. I just want to get the best pricing and as you have mentioned understand what are the hidden costs. BST list prices on the web are around $3500. My Busa is handling better with the mods I have made but it is still a step behind my ZX14.

Call me when your ready to buy and I will take care of you and be sure you get all needed to install them right..

I'm ready I just need to know where I can get the best price. PM me with your price for all items required.

raydog, we have the same color scheme!!

I still think wheels are too expensive, I'd rather spend that 2000 on something mechanical. How do you even go about obtaining a sponsorship??

IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

raydog, we have the same color scheme!!

I still think wheels are too expensive, I'd rather spend that 2000 on something mechanical. How do you even go about obtaining a sponsorship??

IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

Wow, you have a clean 2000....I don't think there were as many of the Maroon/Gunmetal Grey units imported. Raydog

Back