No Air Filter Return

hayabusa317

Registered
Ok guys I will say this, I did put a air filter in the bike. I did ride it under as clean conditions as I could. But I did not put many miles on it.

I put a K&N Filter in her, she should be fine now. I wonder how much it will have a effect on the dyno? I believer they did dyno it without the K&N.

Also it was not Bob Carpenter that told me about the no filter deal it was one of his guys.

But he did put Amsoil Dominator 10w 30 in her. It does not have a API code on the oil. I called the company and they said use only the motorcycle oil.

I did talk to Bob himself and he said that it is ok for this oil. He stated that the type of springs they have on my clutch will not have a problem, I do have a MTC 3 stage drag clutch on her. Wonder what the group will think of this.

Thanks guys

Mike

Duuude? What?
IN the meantime... Lets enjoy this...

post-12-88198-spins.JPG

Ok guys I will say this, I did put a air filter in the bike. I did ride it under as clean conditions as I could. But I did not put many miles on it.

I put a K&N Filter in her, she should be fine now. I wonder how much it will have a effect on the dyno? I believer they did dyno it without the K&N.

Also it was not Bob Carpenter that told me about the no filter deal it was one of his guys.

But he did put Amsoil Dominator 10w 30 in her. It does not have a API code on the oil. I called the company and they said use only the motorcycle oil.

I did talk to Bob himself and he said that it is ok for this oil. He stated that the type of springs they have on my clutch will not have a problem, I do have a MTC 3 stage drag clutch on her. Wonder what the group will think of this.

Thanks guys

Mike

The K&N might have a bit of an effect but I doubt it would be something you will notice on the street. A bike that needs a 3 stage clutch is going to have mucho problmes hooking the pavement anyhow. If you are racing dynos, you can always pull it back out. :)

If you are talking about a Gen 1 bike...A stock Busa filter will flow more than a K&N or a BMC standard. The BMC race will flow more than stock at with a bit of loss of filtering ability.

I don't know what to tell you on the Oil but it sounds like it might be in the ball park. I'd stick with what Bob told you.

Did you happen to ask him about the filter?

Never mind Rev... he is off his meds this week.

Is this a built engine or stock? If stock, you would be much better of with a stock clutch set-up and some slightly HD springs.

Back