White Lightning

sroos

Registered
Well with a little over 100 miles on the beast I made a few upgrades after digging through the forum and talking to members. Heli-Bars, BallZ Seat, +1 inch dog bones, Full Yosh R55, Buell Pegs, Pair valve mod, and Blue Busa bar ends. The results: turns quicker, power seams close to the same, riding position is much more relaxed, bars have way to much buzz in them after swapping our the stock bar ends for the fancy blue ones, I drag my toes through corners now (when I pick up the pace I have to have the balls of my feet on the pegs). Next mods: I really want BST wheels (just don't tell my wife), 180 rear tire to help with turning (or so that is what the articles say), blue windshield, and fix the buzz in the bars. Pics included (I'm catching on).

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

Very nice ride...think more about the 180 rear though...on a bike that size, you'll find yourself rolling rubber down the sidewall real quick if your getting close to the edge with a 190.

If you find a used 200 to throw on for a month or so and roll it around a bit then put your 190 back on, you'll find it much much easier to edge off.

ditch the 180 tire... I did some research on that and there was a time it was true..

but because decently compounded 190 tires did not exist.. (that was then, this is now)

go with a 190/55 instead of the 190/50 tire.. (I am running the BT002RS 190/55 and it is pretty cool)... TufBusa knows a lot about this stuff and am sure he may have better info..

Look great Steve! :thumbsup: Now, when ya going to be back up in this neck of the woods. We need to get some miles on that monster! :D I think I know a little 600 mile loop we can do one day. :laugh:

Ok so maybe the 180 tire is not such a good thing after all. So what about the light weight wheels (BST)? Seems to me that the bike would accelerate and decelerate quicker with lighter wheels.

Tim I'm actually in Georgia this week and I was going to contact you and bring the bike but my new plates didn't come, the temp tag ran out, and then I went and got sick. 600 mile loop might require a new butt and I still haven't made it into those twenty pound pants that I bought on our 400 mile loop! I probably need to push the Busa for awhile to down size my backside.
:beerchug:

I love that white 09. Sold my 07 but i guess the 09 is out of the question with the misses. For now!!!

Steve

I love the new white ones. The BST wheels would look awesome on there and be helpful on the weight too!! Good luck on the mods and ride safe.

:beerchug: Hey Steve welcome to the real world:beerchug: It is a bottomless money pit:)

I saw WHITE LIGHTNING, and thought you were making something...:laugh:

That pipe is SICK !!!!! How do you like it, and how does it sound compared to the Alien Head, or other Yosh pipes ?

Holy cow you been busy.. Looks real nice Steve. :bowdown: Really diggin' the white.. :thumbsup:

Ok so maybe the 180 tire is not such a good thing after all. So what about the light weight wheels (BST)? Seems to me that the bike would accelerate and decelerate quicker with lighter wheels.

Tim I'm actually in Georgia this week and I was going to contact you and bring the bike but my new plates didn't come, the temp tag ran out, and then I went and got sick. 600 mile loop might require a new butt and I still haven't made it into those twenty pound pants that I bought on our 400 mile loop! I probably need to push the Busa for awhile to down size my backside.
:beerchug:

Lighter wheels will help tremendously with your rotating mass. It'll help your acceleration and also handling...you'll feel a difference, but costly.

Back