exhaust ???

Mike C

Registered
I have herd that running a gen 2 with out the mufflers on a dyno is ok but is it ok to leave them off when rideing around town or will it hurt something? my buddy has his off and been rideing around the last few days and it hasnt blown up yet:whistle:

really not gonna make a difference..inf fact it kcan hurt performance all the way around...engines need a certain amount of backpressure to make a proper power band and torque curve...i wouldnt do that...

#1 reason it sounds horrible and is kinda gooffy

really not gonna make a difference..inf fact it kcan hurt performance all the way around...engines need a certain amount of backpressure to make a proper power band and torque curve...i wouldnt do that...

#1 reason it sounds horrible and is kinda gooffy

I agree I would not do it but it doesnt sound much different then the shorty tip's he had on it at 1st. and there seems to be a lot of guys running the short slash cut tip's with out the baffles so then they all lost back pressure and are loseing hp?

I agree I would not do it but it doesnt sound much different then the shorty tip's he had on it at 1st. and there seems to be a lot of guys running the short slash cut tip's with out the baffles so then they all lost back pressure and are loseing hp?

listen man I remember last year when I took off my mufflers to install a yoshi exhaust and loved the sound without the mufflers and ended up throwing the yoshi exhaust in my garage. So i asked around and came to the decision to run it without mufflers. so i did for about a month then ordered the hotbodies shorty exhaust which i ran for the rest of the year and some this year with absolutly no problems. I never lost a single horsepower (going by feeling on this with no actual numbers to prove it), and the sound was absolutly amazing. I was honestly happy with it the way it ran and sounded. Then i just upgraded to a brocks exhaust and i'm really happy with it. But to answer your question about hurting your bike, you couldn't hurt it if you tried. Bikes now a days (especially such a high performance machine as the gen 2 busa) are so well equiped from the factory that they are basically idiot proof. your ecu will compensate for any changes that might occur to your bike. So i say take the mufflers off and enjoy it. but i would atleast order the hotbodies tips cause they look sick. :thumbsup:

-Shadi

listen man I remember last year when I took off my mufflers to install a yoshi exhaust and loved the sound without the mufflers and ended up throwing the yoshi exhaust in my garage. So i asked around and came to the decision to run it without mufflers. so i did for about a month then ordered the hotbodies shorty exhaust which i ran for the rest of the year and some this year with absolutly no problems. I never lost a single horsepower (going by feeling on this with no actual numbers to prove it), and the sound was absolutly amazing. I was honestly happy with it the way it ran and sounded. Then i just upgraded to a brocks exhaust and i'm really happy with it. But to answer your question about hurting your bike, you couldn't hurt it if you tried. Bikes now a days (especially such a high performance machine as the gen 2 busa) are so well equiped from the factory that they are basically idiot proof. your ecu will compensate for any changes that might occur to your bike. So i say take the mufflers off and enjoy it. but i would atleast order the hotbodies tips cause they look sick. :thumbsup:

-Shadi

Interesting look on things. I think if you are going to lop the exhaust off, a custom map may be in order to compensate for the changes. The ECU can only do so much. Then again I assume if one wants to run no exhaust, they probably would not spring for a tune either. :beerchug:

No tune is necessary unless u want that extra 2 horsepower and a better curve. What the guy is asking is that if it would hurt his bike and I say hell no cause I've done it for a long time. Now my honest opinion for a great exhaust is the brocks and a pc. Now I agree its not the most efficient but it will work just fine

-Shadi
Posted via Mobile Device

No tune is necessary unless u want that extra 2 horsepower and a better curve. What the guy is asking is that if it would hurt his bike and I say hell no cause I've done it for a long time. Now my honest opinion for a great exhaust is the brocks and a pc. Now I agree its not the most efficient but it will work just fine

-Shadi
Posted via Mobile Device

ok thanks that is my buddys plan to get a Brocks exhaust in a few weeks but for now he is rideing with the mufflers off.:beerchug:

Back