Frame sliders - How to install

Matt-the-Knife

Registered
I'm curious, are you guys cutting your fairing plastic to install your frame sliders? I was thinking of taking mine down on a laith to keep the fairing in tact but I don't know how it will fit if it's not actually resting against the frame......Any comments?

I used the 'ol ground down allen wrench to punch a dimple in the inside the used a 1-7/8"(?)hole saw to cut it out, depends on slider diameter. Put the allen wrench inside the motor mount bolt and put the fairing back on and use a towel and soft hammer to lightly tap a dimple....gives you the center point.

tape off and drill out. It is nerve racking as you only get 1 shot.

Do a search on here...there are many threads on this.:beerchug:

DONT CUT ANYTHING use the no-cut ones...whats the purpose of saving your plastic in a crash if you already fud it up by cutting a hideous hole in it

?..nothing hideous about this.

Blue Double Bubble 002 (Small).jpg

Put a vacuum cap inside the allen, put some white-out on the tip, put the fairing back on pushed a little to leave the mark and I used a hole saw to start then a stepped drill bit out to the diameter. The stepped drill bit is nice because it does not chatter, you can go slow and it leaves a nice finish.

DSCN0183.jpg

Put a vacuum cap inside the allen, put some white-out on the tip, put the fairing back on pushed a little to leave the mark and I used a hole saw to start then a stepped drill bit out to the diameter. The stepped drill bit is nice because it does not chatter, you can go slow and it leaves a nice finish.

They make a step bit that big? 1 1/4"

Interesting, i thought the sliders went were the allen bolt is, not below it like in the pics????

Pull ur side cover and you will see where the front top engine mount is. Thats where the ones that come thru the plastics are mounted.

FYI... The "no-cut" frame sliders look great, an dsave your fairings. However, they won't save your fairings if your bike goes down. Even from a stand still, the bolts are so small adn will sanp on impact.

Back