How do i win this???!!!

War Bird 13

Registered
WOW!!!...i got ROYALLY screwed tonight...was on my way home from a "BikeNight" at a local Quaker Steak and Lube...followed some friends to their place first ...then on my way to my house (riding all alone)...i was on a particular stretch of road known to be frequented by LE...so i am cruising at 60 in a 55...sure enough in the median ahead of me i look and see a cruiser in a FAMOUS radar spot...i look AGAIN 60 MPH in a 55...cool i'm thinking not tonight fellas...next thing i know he rolls out hits his lights and i think wow...not me...who is it...i scan my mirrors and coming up on me like a freight train are TWO pickups blowing past me in the left lane...as i reach the arear the cop has to exit onto the road i pull over to let him "catch " the offenders...He pulls up to me and says (in a not so friendly voice)..."PULL OVER WITH THIS GUY UP AHEAD"...so i'm thinking ok but why???...so i do as i'm told...kill the bike take off my helmet...i look around and only one truck is there...he asks the driver of the one truck who the driver of the second was and if he could call to get him to come back or he could pay a visit to his house...driver one says yes i can call him...as this guy is making his call to driver 2...the cop walks up to me and says "wanna tell me why the THREE of you are endangering lives on my road"...WHAT?????????????was exactly what i said...he said he clocked me at 83 in a 55 and the other two as well...i told him NO WAY was i going 83...i KNEW i was only going 60 and didn't even see the trucks until they flew by me almost at the point of where he was sitting...the one guy even told him we were not together...i will be the first to admit GUILT at any time i am wrong...but this time i was in the wrong place at the wrong time...is it possible he could not tell who was who on his radar because when he clocked them they were ripping by me at the same time???...i TRUELY was only going 60 MPH...i looked twice before i even saw him and again as soon as i saw him...i even asked him if he saw THEM "collecting" me and he said yes i did but this was not the place to dispute it...how can 2 pickups be FLYING past me if he clocked us ALL at 83???...it was written as a speed (83 in a 55) violation only but as a MANDATORY appearance...i WILL be contacting a lawyer first thing in the morning...any help???advice???i am fighting this tooth and nail...do i have a chance?...thanks fellow busa brothers and sisters...sorry so long winded but i am ROYALLY PISSED...The Bird :banghead:

Talk to your lawyer. Best thing, really.

--Wag--

Good luck, that is too bad, I hate those stories. As you said, It is one thing if you know you are guilty and totally another if you are not. Hang in there.

i even asked him if he saw THEM "collecting" me and he said yes i did but this was not the place to dispute it

this sounds to me like he knew you were not speeding. maybe a LEO will chime in and give some expert advise on how radars work. i would definitely talk to a lawyer. 83 in a 55 would cost me my license here in NC

Good luck, that is too bad, I hate those stories. As you said, It is one thing if you know you are guilty and totally another if you are not. Hang in there.

Yeah...like i said...i checked my speed THREE times to make sure i was not not speeding thru there...TWICE before i saw him and once AFTER...(TIRBS...This Is Real Bull Sh*t)

call a lawyer. Cost me just a little over $100. I was 83 in a 55. S.C. trooper got us. you'll start getting letters in the mail. Call all of them (lawyers) and ask for a quote.

make sure you say you were doing 55 not 60 unless you already admitted to speeding:poke: Contact a lawyer doubt it will help. Will not comment any further:whistle:

this sounds to me like he knew you were not speeding. maybe a LEO will chime in and give some expert advise on how radars work. i would definitely talk to a lawyer. 83 in a 55 would cost me my license here in NC

Well I'm worried about it here...i think anything 25 + over is considered reckless op...but like i said...the ticket is written for ONE violation...SPEED...and the speed he put was 83 in a 55...he said he wrote us ALL 3 for 83 but admitted he saw them passing me...i NEVER touched the brakes because i KNEW i was ok...so how can that be???...WTF?...i gotta get off of this site for awhile tonight (no disrespect to the site...i LOVE it)...but the longer i write about and think about this the more pissed off i get...THANKS for letting me vent...UGH!!!!!!!! :banghead:

make sure you say you were doing 55 not 60 unless you already admitted to speeding:poke: Contact a lawyer doubt it will help. Will not comment any further:whistle:

Why no more comments???...and the whistle???...something u r not telling me???...i figure yes i'm done for but am gonna fight it...just soooooo damn wrong...

Honestly I wouldnt freak just yet. This happened to me awhile back but it involved another group of bikes instead of trucks. The cop said I was doin 93mph in a 60. I was speeding but I wasnt going that fast . When I started to talk to him about it he admitted that the radar they use only allows them to track the speeds of TWO vehicles at a time. In the end I admitted guilt that I had been speeding and ended up only having to pay for a 1-10mph over violation. Of course that will depend on your judge. But regardless they really have no way of proving all three vehicles were traveling at that speed even if u were going that fast. You will be fine.

fight fight fight! Make sure your lawyer knows that the guys in the trucks said you weren't with them, that should help. Good luck with this.

Radar isn't as selective as LIDAR because it comes out as a cone as compared to a relatively narrow beam like LIDAR. Assuming you are telling the truth, the radar was not able to discern your motorcycle against the larger trucks in the background because you have a much smaller radar cross section compared to a truck. Basically, you were invisible to the radar because of the much larger targets behind you which were reflecting much more signal back to the radar gun.

And you shouldn't have said you were doing 60 because you just admitted you were speeding in a 55 zone. Don't give them info to hang you with but hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

Unfortunately a cop is always right even if he is wrong so I suggest you get a lawyer. There are ways to fight it on your own but it takes a lot of research, time and effort. You can start here if you want to do it on your own. http://www.ticketassassin.com/

Last edited:
And you shouldn't have said you were doing 60 because you just admitted you were speeding in a 55 zone. Don't give them info to hang you with but hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

60 indicated could argueably be close to 55 realistic...a bike's speedo seems to usually be off. good luck with this:please:

BAD THING IS THE LAWYER PART , GO FIGHT IT YOURSELF AND SAVE THE WASTED $$$$$ . THE TRUCK PEOPLE SAID THEY WERE'NT WITH YOU SO I WOULD THINK THAT WOULD BE YOUR OUT . STILL A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY . GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ONE .:please:

Back