99-07 Busa Vs GSXR 1000

c0dblack

Registered
Hello everyone. I would like to first say hello to everyone. I am a new member. I have a 2005 Busa. I would like to get some feedback on the age old question about which bike is the fastest, the Gusa or the Gixxer? A few of my friends have the 07 & 08 Gixxer. We haven't had a chance to do much riding yet but just wanted to get some opinions. It hardly seems that Suzuki would make a production bike that is faster than its flagshipt bike, the Hayabusa.
Thanks.

:welcome::welcome:

08 gixxer can beat an 05 busa... big part of all this is rider..

busa and gixxer are 2 different bikes with 2 different missions...

hell a 600 can beat a busa if we are talking about different riders, but I have never ever seen a 1000 anything win the championship at the drag strip here

:welcome: Do a keyword search on this, many good conversations.

Last edited:
Two different bikes. But we here at Gusa.org tend to lean the way of the Kanji. After all there is only ONE pinnacle Gixxer Oh.....:welcome: by the way

On the street the gixxer 1k is a beast and weighs much less than the bus. As far as a 08 1k vs an 05 busa(stock)? Gixxer wins

:welcome:

1k's are fast. 'the ghost' t freeman ran high 8's on his 1k and didn't get that with his busa(motor work on both). and he's a very good rider. (1/4mile)

BUT go up three teeth in the rear sprocket or down one in front and you'll give him a run for his money if you don't beat him but like said b4 it's mainly the rider. changing the gearing is like night and day

1/4 mile..stock to stock..battle of riders and weight. gixxer has about same hp but alot less torque but its weight and gearing make up for it. If you're talking about top speed..hayabusa. The gixxers only geared to run up to around 180(regardless of what the lieing speedo says)

I have an '05 GSX-R 1000 arguably the best year made, 'cept for the '09. I eat my fellow Kanji's for breakfast, then they walk me down and pass me with their middle fingers held high.

IMG_0042.jpg

Thats a sharp gixxer man...love the red/black color scheme. Yep, those 09's ar the shiznit. just got the new issue of motorcyclist in the mail the other day...apparently its the quickest liter bike to date. they pulled a 9.77@148mph out of one bone stock. ...thats hauling boys....

Last edited:
I actually bought it off a member at WERA, she came yellow and black, but now she is a hodge podge of various plastics.

Whoa, I am reading that mag as we speak. I like the R1 as well, but would much rather have the gix.

welcome to the board and i beat my brothers gxr' all day long.... he hasnt registered it or inspected it yet lol

I have an '05 GSX-R 1000 arguably the best year made, 'cept for the '09. I eat my fellow Kanji's for breakfast, then they walk me down and pass me with their middle fingers held high.

Hi Kainedogg

Did you get your frame recall done on yours yet? Just stepping in! And i am out again. :bowdown:

Steve

:welcome:

1k's are fast. 'the ghost' t freeman ran high 8's on his 1k and didn't get that with his busa(motor work on both). and he's a very good rider. (1/4mile)

BUT go up three teeth in the rear sprocket or down one in front and you'll give him a run for his money if you don't beat him but like said b4 it's mainly the rider. changing the gearing is like night and day
I have an 07 Busa with Brock street meg, my buddy Lud had an 05 1000 with an Alien head and he would drag me down the drag strip all day. I ran 9.61 to his 9.34 on the motor.

Tony is probably one of the best riders I've seen. I loved his 06 Limited.

I think 16/42 gearing is a must on any gen1 busa. That puts them at much closer gearing to the 1000's....and turns them into rocketships :thumbsup: It makes the stock gearing feel slow as molasses. They gear the big-bores way too tall from the factory.

Back