State Trooper Congratulated me on hitting 10,000 miles!

BowDown

Registered
Well not exactly. :whistle:

I was on the way home from work on a pretty wide open stretch of highway.. I was doing a cool 72 in a 55 and didn't notice the cop coming the other way (it was getting dusk and they have dark blue cars). Anyway, I knew on my ride home I was going to hit 10,000 miles on the Busa and wouldn't you know as I'm sitting on the side of the road waiting for the cop to come back with my 72 in a 55 speeding ticket (first one on a motorcycle), I check the odometer... "10000".

:moon:

Last edited:
1 ticket for every 10,000 miles..i think youll be alright for awhile ;)

(I just hit 9000 yesterday :p)

Congrats!

Thanks. Guess it will be one to remember. I had a hell of a time keeping it under 60 after getting my ticket. The trooper followed me for almost 4 miles after.. I'm just going to write this off as bad luck. :banghead:

I guess that's as good a time as ever to check the odometer....I mean, you aren't doing anything except waiting anyway. Congrats on reaching 10K. I am around 12500 right now. MAny many more miles to go!!:thumbsup:

True True. The guy was a complete ass. He came back with the ticket and said something to the effect of "can you hear me with that helmet on boy?". I was like "yes sir, but I can take it off if you want.." he continued to give me the riot act about knowing I was going faster than that and if I wasted his time contesting the ticket he would speak to the judge to that effect.

Just think about all the times you did much worse and nothing happened. Getting caught sucks but once in 10k isn't bad.

Well I guess it's better than being congradulated by the mortician!

True True. The guy was a complete ass. He came back with the ticket and said something to the effect of "can you hear me with that helmet on boy?". I was like "yes sir, but I can take it off if you want.." he continued to give me the riot act about knowing I was going faster than that and if I wasted his time contesting the ticket he would speak to the judge to that effect.

yet another fine example of the mafia...:rofl:

"as I'm sitting on the side of the road waiting for the cop to come back"
???:whistle:???

Why wait???? You would have been better off using that ticket money on a case of beer & celebrating 10,000 miles in a more proper fashion !!! :beerchug:

"as I'm sitting on the side of the road waiting for the cop to come back"
???:whistle:???

Why wait???? You would have been better off using that ticket money on a case of beer & celebrating 10,000 miles in a more proper fashion !!! :beerchug:

I was already pulled over. He was just running my license and registration paperwork in the car. No fleeing at that point.

If you want to get back at the cop for being a d1ck and at the least put him in an uncomfortable position in front of his superiors, write to the commander of his PD, CC to few other places in that town/county you can think of.

Describe what he did, how unprofessional he was, and how you were scared and intimidated, etc. It is very likely your letter won't be the first one. The department may disregard a single letter, but can't ignore numerous complaints regarding the same officer. An officer will be likely spoken to, or may even be suspended - to a relief of all riders/drivers.

That's what I would do. I personally have been stopped a number of times, and all LEO's were always polite and not threatening. Well, I was lectured once, but in a reasonably polite way - when I was pulled over for 121/50. More than that, on a few occasions when I pulled over, just needed a break or something, and an officer stopped just to check if I was OK. So, most of them are allright with a few exceptions.

Congrats looking forward to hitting that on mine... Not sure if that will be this year or not. I'm already at 3700 in just 4 months. I started at 241 when I bought the bike. :cheerleader:

got 2 tickets last summer, the first for 70 in a 60. told the motorcycle cop that got me that it was my first speeding ticket my whole life (which is true) and asked for a warning. he told me it was his job to write tickets. my next one came 5 days later leaving work--65 in a 60. i have cdl so every ticket hits my dl. now i pay 210 p/mo for insurance. youd think they could find somethin else to do.

:thumbsup: on the mileage. call a lawyer and get it thrown out. It'll be cheaper than the insurance hike.

Back