New Tsukigi Cannon Quiet Baffle Kit

conrad

Registered
Just got the new baffle setup from Hiro at Tsukigi Racing and it is top quality stuff just like their header pipes. The sound is much quieter but still has a deep sound to it. Here are a couple comparison photos. I havent' had a chance to dyno with the old and new baffles yet to see what the difference is.

cannon2.jpg

cannon1.jpg

Any before and after sound clips to share? I would love to get the cannon but would probably have the swat team come down on me if I did. Quieter would be much better.

Do you have a diameter size of the new baffle vs. the old one. Thanks

Last edited:
I will get some measurements for the comparison. I never had much luck with sound clips but would like to do a DB comparison. I know it was advertised to be about 10db less, I just know it made a huge difference. This baffle brings the sound level down where the Oval cans are that I have had in the past. You can see from the photo the baffle goes all the way from the tip up to the front where it joins the mid pipe and they send plenty of packing.

Very nice setup for those that like the look of the Tsukigi Cannon but don't always want the sound. It's interchangeable with the other baffle also and isn't hard to pull in and out.

geez, how old was the original packing? ???

The new baffle looks almost twic the length and with the smaller ID the new baffle should really bring the DB's down. I hope it doesn't choke flow off to much. You'll probably get the torque curve higher and sooner in the revs now. :beerchug:

Hey Conrad, great news about the silencer baffle. No reason not to go with a cannon now. Hope you don't mind me drifting a touch OT but can you describe the low end power with your Cannon compared to the stockers? I know the top end with the Cannon is about as "top" as it gets but did the bottom suffer much?

Mythos

Hey Conrad, great news about the silencer baffle. No reason not to go with a cannon now. Hope you don't mind me drifting a touch OT but can you describe the low end power with your Cannon compared to the stockers? I know the top end with the Cannon is about as "top" as it gets but did the bottom suffer much?

Mythos
You wouldn't be thinking about sticking that wondrous piece of performance on a 14 now wouldja? :laugh:

You wouldn't be thinking about sticking that wondrous piece of performance on a 14 now wouldja? :laugh:

Oh yes indeed on a 14 (sorry, dnstommy. I will show pics here if you want though). PC5 with autotune as well. LCD unit in 6-8 weeks when it becomes available.

Now I just need a pipe. Since the roar of the Cannon can now be quelled as easy as sliding in a silencer, the neighbors and the law are no longer an issue. The peak hp seems to have bested a shortmeg (in GPW's test here) and therfore, I would assume the A-head as well, by ~7 hp. It is lightweight like a shortmeg or A-head. The sound is awesome. The welds are great quality. It looks pretty good (but appearencewise, it seems to have been designed more for a busa than a 14). I can't seem to find anyone on the ZX-14 boards who knows anything about the Cannon. I will take a little chance and assume the Cannon performance is very similar between the G2 busa and the 14. I just wished I knew what to expect from the Cannon for ordinary street rpms.

A big dip below 3K rpm, same as an A-head? Or a little softer dip like some of the can mufflers out there? What's the Cannon going to do to my low end and mid-range?

:whistle:Big Red One, you wouldn't be......nahhhh, not enough smilies.
:beerchug:

Mythos (Rook)

Last edited:
Oh yes indeed on a 14 (sorry, dnstommy. I will show pics here if you want though). PC5 with autotune as well. LCD unit in 6-8 weeks when it becomes available.

Now I just need a pipe. Since the roar of the Cannon can now be quelled as easy as sliding in a silencer, the neighbors and the law are no longer an issue. The peak hp seems to have bested a shortmeg (in GPW's test here) and therfore, I would assume the A-head as well, by ~7 hp. It is lightweight like a shortmeg or A-head. The sound is awesome. The welds are great quality. It looks pretty good (but appearencewise, it seems to have been designed more for a busa than a 14). I can't seem to find anyone on the ZX-14 boards who knows anything about the Cannon. I will take a little chance and assume the Cannon performance is very similar between the G2 busa and the 14. I just wished I knew what to expect from the Cannon for ordinary street rpms.

A big dip below 3K rpm, same as an A-head? Or a little softer dip like some of the can mufflers out there? What's the Cannon going to do to my low end and mid-range?

:whistle:Big Red One, you wouldn't be......nahhhh, not enough smilies.
:beerchug:

Mythos (Rook)
:laugh:

....... You can see from the photo the baffle goes all the way from the tip up to the front where it joins the mid pipe and they send plenty of packing.........It's interchangeable with the other baffle also and isn't hard to pull in and out.

Just what i need but I thought of a possible problem - the 02 sensor for autotune to my PC5 will need to get welded in there somewhere won't it? Think I could still change baffles with the 02 bung welded in place? (I don't even know what this stuff looks like yet, let alone where it gets welded)

This is on a ZX-14. Help me out as much as you can here guys. I can't find anyone with a Cannon on a 14.

Mythos

Sorry I haven't taken the time to get a few pictures yet or even put it on the dyno. Just downloaded the flash software tonight from Petrik's site so I can start playing with tuning through the ECU. I haven't had a chance to mess with the bikes much lately. I still need to wire a new programmer up so I can get to work on it. I will be sure to post up a before and after dyno graph from when it was bone stock so we can see what the torque and HP curves look like.

You won't have the worry about your O2 sensor being in the way of the baffle, you wouldn't want the sensor up that high, you will have plenty room to put it down lower where it will point in towards the shock more than up on the end can.

Conrad

Got any contact info? I have held off putting mine on because of the noise concerns. Id like to get this kit to.

Thanks,
Shane

Back