just bought me a new chefs knife

kml

Donating Member
Registered
Vintage/New Gustav Emil Ern hand forged 14 1/2" CARBON steel blade
European walnut handle, full tang, new in box, 25 years old, NEVER USED, overall lenght 20 3/4" weight 1lbs 3oz.

They don't make knives like this anymore.

If you like cooking, (Mr Bogus) you will get why I'm a happy camper. :laugh:

Auctiva Image Hosting

cheers
ken

new knife.JPG

new knife 2.JPG

yea if you saw my knife skills you would be rolling on the floor laughing... I just got some good old Tramotina NFS knives with the white molded one piece handles... ($50 for 4 knives?) :laugh:

I about died when I saw what my sister paid for her set of "Global" knives, I guess when you make your living with this stuff, you feel better with good stuff.....

BTW... how about a new ROTD? maybe a nice soup?

Last edited:

I must admit there is a little bit of the "pimping oneupmanship" with one's knives in the chef's world.

Global and Mac are the trendy, pimpin ones at the moment.

cheers
ken

Last edited:
VERY nice. :bowdown:

cheers
ken

Thanks!

Wife almost pasted-out (more like blew a gasket!) when she found out how much they were but luckily for me, my 'highly educated' brother-in-law explained the finer points (no pun intended) on having quality sashimi knives that'll last several generations.

They are packed (always when not in use) at the moment so the next time I use 'em I'll try to remember to snap a few pics...

Wow, my knives are for paupers compared to this! These babies (Suisin Inox Honyaki Yanagi Ebony Handle) 'start' at $3000!

Suisin Inox Honyaki Yanagi Ebony Handle.jpeg

Wow, my knives are for paupers compared to this! These babies (Suisin Inox Honyaki Yanagi Ebony Handle) 'start' at $3000!

3 grand....... does it include a coarse on how to sharpen it... Nice.. but little steep , If you make a living from it... guess it is worth it, otherwise wow

3 grand....... does it include a coarse on how to sharpen it... Nice.. but little steep , If you make a living from it... guess it is worth it, otherwise wow

For 3G's it better come with it's own personal Togi!

Dunno man, even if I made a living from it most of what you are paying for on this particular knife are the aesthetics.