Putnam 6-13

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
DSCN4090.JPG

well this was a fun fun fun day.... suspension dialed in a lot better and pulled the corners without the dive and pogo stick effect...

was able to stuff the bike into turn one without all the drama finally and sort of chewed up the front tire over the day doing it.. Indicated speed was 184 (probably 10% off at least) but was able to get it down to the 100 mph range in about 300'...

knee pucks thoroughly abused :) tires thoroughly abused and my body?? also.... totally beat tonight... Manged to lap a zx14 three times in 10 laps... guy was trying like mad but his street tires and the bike just were not very cooperative...

Got a LOT of passing practice today :) (a lot of them going into turn one where I had more corner speed)

Still working on getting hung off the bike with better form.. was just a ton of work when I finally started getting just the way they wanted it... sure nothing easy about it...

Congrats Randy! It's a ton more fun when you pick up the pace. Makes life worth living. Now all you need is some sparky knee pucks and you'll be the talk of the neighborhood!

Looks like your 002's are doing a good job! Has that orange peel look, ideal! Are you ready for another track day tomorrow?

We want some photos big boy! :beerchug:

I did not do the two day thing again yet... Last time I was so worn out from the day before that I could only pull 3 sessions... After all the coaching and work yesterday? I can barely move today.. Towards the end of the day I was having to use the bars to pull myself back up and over for the next corner.. One of my coaches says that a session is the equivalent to doing about 600 squats on this track...

I am feeling a lot better but still need another month of work at the gym to pull of a 2 day trip.. I am trying to find some pics (this time the photog was running a bike) but I know that I saw a long lens coming out of 9-10... I also blew by a couple GoPro's mounted on bikes.. hoping I can find those guys too..

I had half a dozen control riders hunt me down in the pits to look at the bike .. big grins and the first words " I did not think a Busa could do that" but I am sure you have seen that enough times..

Had a great outing and "Turn One Motorsports" did a nice job on my baseline suspension setup.. (maxed out the preload on the 1.10 springs btw..) Got rid of the "pogo stick" and the nose dive almost completely..

Also, the EBH HH Exteme pads? Friggen FANTASTIC!! Still great initial stopping power and still very linear on stopping power as lever pressure goes up..

TIRES: BT002RS about 100M at Bash and another 300+ track miles and they are about 70% worn..

DSCN4104.JPG

DSCN4102.JPG

DSCN4104.JPG

DSCN4106.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome, sounds like you had a great time.:thumbsup:

Sounds like you had a bast. I'm going to have to make it up there too. So many tracks, so little time. I know a few guys from around here that were there yesterday. I'll see if I can find anything you are in. Not sure they'd admit to getting passed by a Busa though. They thnk 600s rule the streets and the track and the Busa is just a straightline bike.

Sounds like you had a bast. I'm going to have to make it up there too. So many tracks, so little time. I know a few guys from around here that were there yesterday. I'll see if I can find anything you are in. Not sure they'd admit to getting passed by a Busa though. They thnk 600s rule the streets and the track and the Busa is just a straightline bike.
yea problem with this track is no real full time photog.. kinda sux..

You need to come down here. See, i've got them all set up, thinking a busa is slow on the track; so we'll bet them, see...then you go out there and smoke them :)

Back