attn paint and body guys

busastalker05

Registered
ok i look thru old posts about decal removal, and really didnt find anything to useful
i am trying to remove all decals from the fairings and tank.
my questions are what is the best stuff to use to get the glue off?
acetone? and what is the best way to get the decals off the tank(05 red/black)
please help

and these arent the warning stickers either

thankyou guys

I used a hair dryer and goo be gone. The tank warning decals were the hardest. The others were fairly easy.

I cant paint, but heres how i solved my problem. do you need a chili reciepe.:rofl:

115-1526_IMG.jpg

let it sit in the sun for a half hour. or use a blow dryer carefully as to not blister the paint! the sun, or heat from the blow dryer will soften the vinyl glue.

Tank decals is under the clear coat. They not coming off without a repaint.

I used a heat gun on the low setting (the kind you use for heat shrink). Just be VERY CAREFUL because you can melt the plastic in an instant (in that case, use a blow dryer). But the heat gun works really well. Gets the adhesive nice and gummy and the decals come off really easily.

I removed the glue reidue with some thinner on a rag. Not drenched. If you are repainting you are fine. If not, give the bike a good polish after ward
Posted via Mobile Device

If you have any auto paint supply stores you can pick up a wax and grease remover too fo rthe residue it'll take it right off an not hurt the paint you may need to do a light polish but it won't hurt the paint and it's about $8.00 or so for a quart of the stuff It'll also help take off the tank decal it makes the adhesive soft another thing ( if you can find it) is release agent in a spray can but that's a little harder to find. As for the decals yeah hair dryer like everyone els said unless your really good with a heat gun cause you can mess up paint fast that way. Or you can be like me and drop your bike in parking lots (twice) one on each side then paint your fairings and forgoe the heat gun entirely :lol::laugh:

If you have any auto paint supply stores you can pick up a wax and grease remover too fo rthe residue it'll take it right off an not hurt the paint you may need to do a light polish but it won't hurt the paint and it's about $8.00 or so for a quart of the stuff It'll also help take off the tank decal it makes the adhesive soft another thing ( if you can find it) is release agent in a spray can but that's a little harder to find. As for the decals yeah hair dryer like everyone els said unless your really good with a heat gun cause you can mess up paint fast that way. Or you can be like me and drop your bike in parking lots (twice) one on each side then paint your fairings and forgoe the heat gun entirely :lol::laugh:
+1

Here's the stuff you want. Removes tar, grease, glue, and paint overspray, without damaging good paint, plastic or rubber. A quart can will last you for years and you will find many uses for it.

sem solve.jpg

Back