clutch bushing and pazzo lever problem

jch364

Registered
A friend of mine has a 600gxr 07 i think. He put pazzo levers on it a while back. The other day it suddenly wouldnt start any more. He could not figure out why. When he took it to the dealer they said that the clutch bushing was broke or something which caused the bike not to start. they said that it was the pazzo levers that caused this. Thats how i understand it went. Now, my friend did say that when he put the pazzo levers on the bike he could start the bike without engaging the clutch which he could not due before with the oem levers.
Anyone ever heard of this problem or know what might have caused the failure? Im not sure about what the clutch bushing exactly does or even were it is for that matter but it would seem to me that if the safety feature of having to engage the clutch was rendered inoperable when he put the pazzo levers on im thinking maybe that when he put them on, the clutch cable was slightly engaged which enable the bike to start and consequently wore out the clutch bushing over time...

Just a wild guess... what yall think?

I've seen this problem before. It's not a worn out bushing. The stock lever has a brass bushing which has to be removed and installed into the pazzo lever. It appears whomever installed the pazzo levers didn't install the bushing at all.

The brass bushings will last the life of the bike if they are removed and greased once a year. Not a pazzo problem, it's an installation problem!

I've seen this problem before. It's not a worn out bushing. The stock lever has a brass bushing which has to be removed and installed into the pazzo lever. It appears whomever installed the pazzo levers didn't install the bushing at all.

The brass bushings will last the life of the bike if they are removed and greased once a year. Not a pazzo problem, it's an installation problem!
I agree with what tuf say's(as I had to replace the bushing on a friends busa) its like 1$ something

Heavy duty springs will wear that bushing out just went thru it on a customer bike..

dealer charged him $180 to fix it and put stock levers back on..... I think he got HOOOOOOOOSSSSEEEEEDDDDD!

He hosed himself by not installing the bushing!

That's really unusual. I've sold a ton of Pazzo levers and never heard of that problem or anyone mention that. If he's really concerned, call Pazzo in Canada and ask about this. I really doubt there's anything physically or mechanically wrong with the Pazzo levers either. That the dealer just put his stock levers back on, charged him 2 $bills$, and handed the bike back to him is somewhat amusing.

I'd vote install too.

That's really unusual. I've sold a ton of Pazzo levers and never heard of that problem or anyone mention that. If he's really concerned, call Pazzo in Canada and ask about this. I really doubt there's anything physically or mechanically wrong with the Pazzo levers either. That the dealer just put his stock levers back on, charged him 2 $bills$, and handed the bike back to him is somewhat amusing.

I'd vote install too.

Im fairly sure it was operator error. almost has to be. He must have just missed something. He is good at doing mods but must have overlooked something. I dont know about the dealer thing. Seems they took advantage of the situation but I dont know. I know the guy who runs the shop at that dealer well and he is a stand up guy. Although the individual people under him im sure he cant watch every step. Oh well. thanks for all the ideas. I will let him know what the consensus is.

yeah i bled my clutch and constantly wondered if i had a leak ever since I bought the bike..

Then I saw a thread on here about that bushing. I checked and sure enough I didnt have it!

It was a 3.00 part or something and it made the clutch feel the way it should!

funny the things will work without the brass bushing in them too... (I accidentally shipped of my stockers to a member with the bushing still installed.. )

If you are going to DIY and then haul it to a dealer when you screw up... expect big $$

as a professional tech for a lot of years.. fixing others screw ups can be infinitely tougher than just doing the job in the first place.. you never know what they touched or screwed up.. I have seen guys vice grip flex lines on brake systems so that the fluid would not leak out.. This leads to some very strange problems down the road...

yeah i bled my clutch and constantly wondered if i had a leak ever since I bought the bike..

Then I saw a thread on here about that bushing. I checked and sure enough I didnt have it!

It was a 3.00 part or something and it made the clutch feel the way it should!

I tried to buy this part at my dealer and I can't get it by itself.
It's part of the lever.

Where can I buy just the bushing?

Back