Michelin Pilot II 2CT: Wet report

gunmetalbusa

Registered
Finally decided to go for it in the rain (lots of wet weather here) on my favorite deserted byway. Hit 150 in a light rain with wet road no puddles. Some conservative corning. I must say I'm very pleased with the confidence I have riding with these 2CTs. They work very well.

Also, interesting to note how well your bike and helmet clear themselves of rain at high speeds. Cool dense air that smells so clean, at one point on a nice straight climb of around 5% I stood up on the pegs at around 100, leaned into the rain and wind blast, and just flew for a while. Nothing like it....:thumbsup:

A buck fifty in the rain?

Check your salad man, someone has put loco weed in it!

I would love to ride with a guy like you. i would like to stand on the right peg and work the throttle and you stand on the left peg and work the clutch.:beerchug:

Tufbusa, riding on 2CTs with no standing water on highway, no esta loco IMO (Aside from all the other strong arguments against going over the speed limit). Very easily accomplished, VERY good pavement feedback and over all control. In fact the rain doesn't obscure your visual field at high speeds so you see as well as a slightly bugged visor.

I wouldn't recommend surfing standing water.:whistle:

Last edited:
A buck fifty in the rain...loco weed for sure :kookoo:

At that speed you are covering about 220 per second...you have no time to slow down for ANY wet patches or puddles.
Posted via Mobile Device

just amazing what some guys are wiling to try... I do not have the huevos for running that hard with moisture on the ground... I value my bike too much..

Tufbusa, riding on 2CTs with no standing water on highway, no esta loco IMO (Aside from all the other strong arguments against going over the speed limit). Very easily accomplished, VERY good pavement feedback and over all control. In fact the rain doesn't obscure your visual field at high speeds so you see as well as a slightly bugged visor.

I wouldn't recommend surfing standing water.:whistle:

Loco weed is an understatement! That's not just an opinion I think most sane people would agree, it's a fact! I'm amazed that only 5,000 people die annually on these machines in this country. But then we have put Barack Obama, Nancy Palosie, Harry Reed, Barnie Frank and Chris Dodd in charge of our country so nothing surprised me anymore! :please:

At a buck fifty you can't watch for standing puddles and you certainly don't have time to avoid them if you do happen to find one. Even damp pavement increases your stopping distance at least in half. An eigth of an inch of water is all you need at that speed to hydroplane and be on your lid!

I'd be surprised if you were wearing leathers and at that speed you'd not only loose jeans and skin, you'd loose a substantial amount of muscle as well.

Good judgment and common sense is your best friend. USE IT! :beerchug:

I have them on my bike. I will probably need a new set in a month or two. I think I paid around $400 installed.

I would much rather put Corsa3's .. The track tires I run are not near that much either.. what kind of shape is the tire in on the sides? Living in FL I would highly doubt you do much "twistie" riding so why put so much into the tire in an area of the tire you do not use?

The sides are hardly used. Most of my riding is highway. If I hit a curve its usually on an off ramp. What does the Corsa run?

In the tire tests I've seen Dunlop's Roadsmarts performed substantially better than the Pilot II's in the wet. And I believe the Roadsmart is less expensive?

seems a lot of the better riders here are really happy with the Avon Storm too.. good mileage tire.. Corsa3's are more for "sport" riding and might not hold up well for you..

seems a lot of the better riders here are really happy with the Avon Storm too.. good mileage tire.. Corsa3's are more for "sport" riding and might not hold up well for you..

I've ran out a couple of sets of Corsa III's and they are an excellent tire. Good sticky tires with dual compound rear and single compound front. They are a very good tire for the occasional track day and great street performance but not a long life tire. But then performance and long life can't be used in the same sentence when discussing tires!

Back