Riding 2 up extended

slngshott

Registered
I am thinking of extending my swingarm 3-4 inches.I will be lowering the rear 2" to return to stock height. My wife rides with me a few times a month.Will this be a problem? I know if I extend it out more than 6" the rear tire will hit the under tail but what about at 3-4". I just want to move the rear tire back a few inches for the look, I will stay with the 190 rear tire. Any help will be great.

I am thinking of extending my swingarm 3-4 inches.I will be lowering the rear 2" to return to stock height. My wife rides with me a few times a month.Will this be a problem? I know if I extend it out more than 6" the rear tire will hit the under tail but what about at 3-4". I just want to move the rear tire back a few inches for the look, I will stay with the 190 rear tire. Any help will be great.

I am thinking about doing the same, 4 inches the most.
Posted via Mobile Device

How about some info.I know there has to be someone out there that rides 2 up with a 3-4 inch extensions or swingarm.

You can go down 1" if you ride carefully, down 2" and your tire will put some unwanted stripes or worse case some new air vents in your undertail. A Tiger Tail would be your best bet if you want to go 2''.:whistle:

Other option would be replace factory rear spring on shock with heavier one.

You can go down 1" if you ride carefully, down 2" and your tire will put some unwanted stripes or worse case some new air vents in your undertail. A Tiger Tail would be your best bet if you want to go 2''.:whistle:

Wher do I get a tiger tail? The one I have uses LED lights so I do not have the stock tail light.

Try replacing the stock rear shock spring with a heavier rated spring. Give Louis Martinez, ext 109, at Race Tech a call. Here's the web site link:

Race Tech Suspension

Tell him your bike setup, overall anticipated riding weight range, and he'll recommend a spring for you. You can also try the thread titled "Rear Spring/Shock Upgrade" in General Bike Related forum just posted last night...by me. Might be some interesting info there for you....

Good Luck! :beerchug:

Last edited:
She only weighs around 125lbs. Bike does not squat much with us both on.I do plan on stiffining the rear spring up alittle.I had to do that when I lowered my Warrior.Thanks for the help guys

Back