The guy my mom married is an idiot

sweet tea man

Registered
The guy she married (i refuse to acknowledge anyone with the name "dad" other than my actual father....RIP), and I were talking yesterday.

I had just painted my moms bike for her a few weeks ago. actually gave it back to her the saturday prior to me getting surgury. Finally got clearance from the doc to drive so i figured I would check on it and see how she likes it.

while there, he strikes up a conversation with me about bikes and how he just got a crash bar for his. He has a Kawasaki Vulcan 2000, I can relate to him on accessories and such, as my bike previous to my Busa was a Vulcan 900. Of course he goes on talking about how much power they have and such and how he can keep up with "crotch-rocket" bikes like what I have. Also how he can outrun an m109r.

Now this caught my attention. I pointed out the power that the m109r had and he said he can outrun them all day long...blah blah blah. then he continued on by saying a group of crotch rocket guys flew by them(he and my mom) the other day and he rolled on the throttle and kept up with them to about 130. Says his rev limiter kicked in.....at 5500.

I kept my mouth shut and just let him talk since i wouldnt get a word in edge-wise. Last time I checked, a cruiser with a rev limiter cutting off at 5500, wouldnt even stand a chance against an in-line 4 turning much higher.

just figured i would share my story. he has the "i have the greatest bike" attitude toward everything.

My busa has been outrun in town by dozens of bikes... can not figure it out..

every time some bone head wants to go all 'ricky racer' on me, he wins!!
I bet he was one of the guys that clobbered me huh?

:whistle:

nothing like looking like a clown to your riding buds huh? :rofl:

the point of this is that he's the type to continually run his mouth. every conversation is like this. the type that is always better than everyone.

hence why i kept my mouth shut while he babbled:lol:

Last edited:
the point of this is that he's the type to continually run his mouth. every conversation is like this. the type that is always better than everyone
there is a "pride of ownership" thing.... deep breath and let him ramble.. makes him happy? makes your mom happy...

I feel for you though.. :)

You have the greatest bike on earth and those that matter know it. The rest is well, just the rest. Busa owners know we are special and blessed to have such extraordinary machines and hell, our bikes look fast just sitting still, who else can say that? :thumbsup:

The part that would have really ticked me off was the part about "doing 130 with my MOM on the back".....gear? If he wants to invoke Darwin, leave your mom off the bike!

LOL he's what we call a "topper"

you drank a 12 pack...he drank a case
you caught a 5lb fish... he caught a 7lb fish

...my condolences

My busa has been outrun in town by dozens of bikes... can not figure it out..

every time some bone head wants to go all 'ricky racer' on me, he wins!!
Yeah, my Busa seems to get outrun a lot too. Maybe I should check my rev limiter? It seems to kick in kind of early. Maybe Suzuki should do a recall on the bike if this seems to be such a common problem. :rofl:

LOL he's what we call a "topper"

you drank a 12 pack...he drank a case
you caught a 5lb fish... he caught a 7lb fish

...my condolences

Yeah, Thats what I was about to say. I have a "friend" like that. He's not a complete jerk. However he's the same way. Everything he has or does is just one step better than anyone else. I still call him "friend" only because we grew up together in the same neighborhood and there are just some people you take the good with the bad with just like family. So bottom line, I know how you feel. just if you ever have the opportunity, blow him off the map with your Busa and then say, "Wow! Must have been a rare fluke, what with your bike being so much faster and all!" :laugh:

I like ot think of it as his full throttle is like our 1/8 throttle maybe you should let him ride the Busa once that may just shut him up He may realize the hump is there to keep you on the bike during a real launch. :rofl:

Hey Sweet Tea, I have an Idea. Let him ride your bike and tell him to trottle hard till the rev limiter comes in. He will poopy in his draws.:laugh: Any good stepson would offer him a test ride. Just kiddin.

Back