kinda good kinda bad!!

justa-busa-girl

Registered
the good is i set a new best ET. 9.75 @ 145 in the quater mile, the bad is that we were running 3 tenths slower than 2 weeks ago when i was at the strip last. I went out trying to run a 9.4 .... 2 weeks ago i ran a 9.8 with 1.8 60ft. (spun)
so i figured if i could get high 1.5 to low 1.6 60 foots i could get that 9.4 i want soooo bad lol. My 60 ft,s were were i wanted them but no matter what i couldnt get better than the 9.75... a big rain storm moved in and i guess the humidity and low pressure just made us slow, even my husband ran 4 tenths slower in his vette... ok next weekend im getting that et i want no matter what lol:banghead:

the good is i set a new best ET. 9.75 @ 145 in the quater mile, the bad is that we were running 3 tenths slower than 2 weeks ago when i was at the strip last. I went out trying to run a 9.4 .... 2 weeks ago i ran a 9.8 with 1.8 60ft. (spun)
so i figured if i could get high 1.5 to low 1.6 60 foots i could get that 9.4 i want soooo bad lol. My 60 ft,s were were i wanted them but no matter what i couldnt get better than the 9.75... a big rain storm moved in and i guess the humidity and low pressure just made us slow, even my husband ran 4 tenths slower in his vette... ok next weekend im getting that et i want no matter what lol:banghead:

I'm not sure I understand what the results were between the 2 different weeks, but a 0.3 drop-off in ET is more than I would expect to see from weather. 0.2 seconds might be what one sees between a cool April morning, and a hot August afternoon. Post up the 60', 1/8, and 1.4 mph and ET for the 2 weeks. ???

One small suggestion on spinning at the start... not all tracks days are created equal. Some days there's stick, and others there aren't. I measure the front end hight and have a given hight that I start with, and if the track doesn't stick, I raise the front a 1/2 inch (and drop the tire pressure 2 psi). If it still doesn't stick I raise it another 1/4". Front end ride hight has an enourmous impact on chassis.

my hubby races a car so im quite a bit faster, but he has a zx10 that he thinks will beat the mighty busa lol. its fast but not fast enought hehehheh

I'm not sure I understand what the results were between the 2 different weeks, but a 0.3 drop-off in ET is more than I would expect to see from weather. 0.2 seconds might be what one sees between a cool April morning, and a hot August afternoon. Post up the 60', 1/8, and 1.4 mph and ET for the 2 weeks. ???

One small suggestion on spinning at the start... not all tracks days are created equal. Some days there's stick, and others there aren't. I measure the front end hight and have a given hight that I start with, and if the track doesn't stick, I raise the front a 1/2 inch (and drop the tire pressure 2 psi). If it still doesn't stick I raise it another 1/4". Front end ride hight has an enourmous impact on chassis.

hi draco!! sorry that was cunfusing!! 2weeks ago i ran a 9.8 @145 with a 1.8 60ft
friday i ran a 9.75 and 9.78 with a 1.63 60 ft. thats only .05 faster than 2 weeks ago with a much better 60ft. ???

you might have to adjust like he says, I was out 3 fridays ago and went 9.68@144 w/a 1.64 60ft. the next friday 9.75 was my repeated number at only 142 and my 60's were in the 1.50's and last friday had to drop from 23psi down to 13psi to hook and get those times, same track, same lane and temp,baro and hum all relatively the same on the 3 outings

you might have to adjust like he says, I was out 3 fridays ago and went 9.68@144 w/a 1.64 60ft. the next friday 9.75 was my repeated number at only 142 and my 60's were in the 1.50's and last friday had to drop from 23psi down to 13psi to hook and get those times, same track, same lane and temp,baro and hum all relatively the same on the 3 outings

i do try to adjust like draco said, but its still weird how things can change so much . I guess i just have to take the fact that my 60 foots are getting better so that means that im riding better and just be happy with what i run. I just know that on a good day this bike has soo much more in it and im going to get it out of it soon lol!!!

yeah it is frustrating when you 60ft better and et is still no better, wierd but thats how it goes, and If you are runnning the shinko like it says in your sig, I know I have to bake mine to get it to hook

Well Congratz on the good ET's your running anyways!:thumbsup: I want 9.70's on the motor SOO BAD I CAN TASTE IT, I think that would be a good number/goal for my weight & set-up :dunno:
Good luck on your next runs! :beerchug:

What was the 330, thats the other number you need to watch to. You can pick up a tad on the 60 and kinda stay the same at your 330. You get the 60 to a 1.5 and rail the 330 and its all but a done deal.

thanks everyone!! here are the timeslips that im talkin about

3 weeks ago.....60'1.80....330. 4.38....8th.6.49.....1/4. 9.86 @145.39
last friday. 60'1.63....330.4.23....8th.6.36......1/4 9.78.@144.18
friday too 60'1.72 ....330 4.26....8th.6.37......1/4 9.75 @144.43

Back