Ducati 1198S Black

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
Checked out the black 1198S ... unbelievable, beautiful machine. But I'm having trouble justifying the $22K price tag when the GSXR1000 is about $9K less.

duc1198S-4.jpg

Checked out the black 1198S ... unbelievable, beautiful machine. But I'm having trouble justifying the $22K price tag when the GSXR1000 is about $9K less.
....hells yeah, those Ducs are fine rides; pricey, but fine. :thumbsup:

D

think that a bit steep check the price on the 1098R Bayliss limited edition 55-70k I believe

I barely justified spending the $ on Hayabusa let alone a DUC when the riding season is as short as it is up here...

now add the ohlins suspension and brembo brakes, and marchesini wheels to the gsxr1000 and see how much cheaper it is. gotta compare apples to apples you know:whistle:

I would love to have the duc. but i'm too broke for that.:banghead:

pictures dont do that thing justice!!!

That thing will kill your pocket book and put a pain in your ass!!!! :p

Duc's are like arm candy. Very nice to look at but maybe not the best ride?

One of my friends has three duc's in the race stable yet he still prefers the GSXR1K on race day. He has set more than one track record on the Gixxer!

Duc's are like arm candy. Very nice to look at but maybe not the best ride?

One of my friends has three duc's in the race stable yet he still prefers the GSXR1K on race day. He has set more than one track record on the Gixxer!

:rofl:

That is the one Ducati that makes my heart go thump.

My neighbor saw me wrenching today and brought me the latest Motorcyclist mag with a $9,000 makeover to the Gen II. Granted, that was list price on all parts and I'm not sure I'd agree with all their choices, but I wonder how that bike would stack up against the 1198...

All in all, Busas are about serious performance for a decent price. The 1198 is about performance at all cost.

And if you think the initial price tag is high, check out the maintenance costs...

Through the ROOF compared to the busa, gixxer, or anything else short of a Moto Guzzi or Aprilia or the like.

Fast Bikes or Super Bike Magazine from Europe did an article called "R They Worth It" and one of the bikes was the 1098 R and the 1098 S, I know the we are talking about the 1198 S here but this is relavent, it is cool to see how DUC takes such a different approach to building bikes. And yes, the 1198 S is a very SEXY bike. When I find the link to the article, I will post it.

It's a sick bike! But those that buy them...are not concerned with the price. Nor the price of upkeep and service that is required for that machine. I can't imagine how fun that would be at track day though. Or a nice day ride in the twisties. :thumbsup:

Back