Extended Warranty Cancellation

fiend

Formerly fiend44444
Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone know how to go about canceling the factory extended warranty coverage. I got talked into it when I picked the bike up. I can do my own maintenance and repairs so I have decided it is not worth it. Especially since it is part of the loan that I got when I got the bike. I got on Suzuki's website and the number they have on there hangs up on you after a few seconds. Any help would be appreciated.

I got a service contract cancelled once by goin' to the dealership from where I bought it, and raisin' hell. :thumbsup:

D

Extended warranty is something you purchase. I don't think you can just turn it back in for a refund. It's a contract! And if you do get it cancelled, there will be a heavy penalty involved. I think you are better off to keep the contract in force since it's already a done deal?

Personally, I never buy an extended warranty on anything I purchase. There is already a 12 month warranty on your bike at purchase and if you crash and total it within the first 12 months you just lost your warranty purchase price.

If it's through Suzuki, then maybe call American Suzuki in California at (714) 572-1490. Be nice and they'll probably help.

Extended warranty is something you purchase. I don't think you can just turn it back in for a refund. It's a contract! And if you do get it cancelled, there will be a heavy penalty involved. I think you are better off to keep the contract in force since it's already a done deal?

Personally, I never buy an extended warranty on anything I purchase. There is already a 12 month warranty on your bike at purchase and if you crash and total it within the first 12 months you just lost your warranty purchase price.

They give you the money back at a prorated rate. That is why I want to get rid of it before I even start using it.

They give you the money back at a prorated rate. That is why I want to get rid of it before I even start using it.

If you know how it works, then why ask the question? Simply call your dealer and tell them you'd like to cancel the extended warranty and they will direct you.

If you know how it works, then why ask the question? Simply call your dealer and tell them you'd like to cancel the extended warranty and they will direct you.

Honestly, I never thought of calling my dealer to ask this question.:lol: I guess I was making this harder than it had to be. I will call them tuesday and see what they say.

Back