where should i put my ballast for my hid

teamorion22

Registered
I got hi and low beam hid's from xenonking. I searched and I see that most put theirs on the air ducts. Any problems? I would have to move the plug for my radar detector but thats no big deal. I also saw some put the ballasts inside the front cowling. So what do you think?
thanks
michael

Mine are double sided taped to the inside of the front right fairing next to the air duct and in the left front fairing by the headlamp same way( TApe) no problems just make sure you have the slim kit and you cover the back of the ballast w/ double sided tape and clean teh surface with some rubbing alchohol real good. The front of the fairing and side have a few nice flat spots perfect for it.

I originally put mine on the right duct. But after some beers decided everything will be easier if all the components are mounted in the front fairing. Zip ties and velcro seem to work the best. Unless you have the time and patience to fab up some brackets.

I ordered from xenonking. exchanged some pm's and spoke on the phone with them prior to ordering. I do not know if i got the 'slim kit'. They knew I was getting it for a gen one busa so don't you think they sent the slim kit?

I ordered from xenonking. exchanged some pm's and spoke on the phone with them prior to ordering. I do not know if i got the 'slim kit'. They knew I was getting it for a gen one busa so don't you think they sent the slim kit?

No clue on that one.

I put them here on two bikes... no issues

IMG_3072.jpg

I installed mines on the top of the plastic cover thats visible when you replace the factory bulbs. I simply removed one of the screws securing the plastic at the forks and secured the supplied ballast/bracket in place. Then I reinstalled the screw and buttoned everything up after a clearance/operational check. Its secure (screwed in) and protected from excessive engine heat. There are a lot of places to put them but this one for me had the quickest access for maintenance and or upgrades.:thumbsup:

Is good practice to put them as far away from your gauges. Once in a while they interfere with the gauges working correctly. Tucking wiring away from gauges is also a good thing.

I wanted to make mine modular so that I can take the front nose piece off without disconnectiong too many wires. This way, I just unplug the main wiring harness connector and the whole front comes off. I didn't think there was much maintenance that needed to be done with these or much upgrading to be done.

^ look at ZenonKing (google it) and they also give an .org discount as well..

Or PM GixerHP he has a few kits at a value price option...

I put mine on the front fairing left of the headlight with hot glue around the bolt holes on the ballast, I was originally worried about it getting too hot and the glue releasing but the air flowing over the front fairing would keep it cool, no problems at all so far. Ran out of velcro...

Large ballast hid on a gen one. I have put on each side of the ram air ducts. Keping wiring away from the dash. On a gen II with slim ballasts I bolted them together with spacers and mounted them to the right side ram air tube!

Heres a pic of a slim kit for reference the cost is about the same as a standard and they are definitely easier to mount.

Picture 002.jpg

If you dont mind me asking..what did that kit cost? Ive been wanting to get one for mine.

depends where you go I got mine at hidadvantadge but I got a deal from them after I emailed for info I paid $100.00 shipped and 5 year warranty on the whole kit. Don't think it was the cheapest but they have a pretty good warranty and plenty of info on the website www.hidadvantadge.yolasite.com found em on e-bay

Back