2008 battery problems

hemi

Registered
i have only had my busa for about 3 weeks. The second day after riding for a few hours it seemed like it was struggling to start. Sure enough, luckily i made it home, and tried to start it after i got home, it turned over a few times and then nothin. I charged it all night with my battery tender and it has been fine for about 2 weeks. Tonight i was out runnin around and almost got stranded at the gas station bc it started doing the same thing. Should i take it back to the dealer and have them check the battery, or charge it all night again. It seems to do it after riding for a while, shouldn't the alternator be keeping it charged while riding? Any ideas

I'm no mechanic, but it definitely sounds like you have either a charging problem or a battery problem. My 08 has never done that (6200 miles now), so I'd definitely get it checked out.

D

Sounds like a charging problem. Easy enough to check. Take it back to the dealer and they can put a load test on the battery as well as check the charging system for performance. Should only take a short time to check both.

If the bikes new and is under warranty take it to the shop. It could be a bad battery, but it could also be a charging problem or a drain on the battery that needs to be fixed. I only killed the battery once on my '06 and never on the '08. That one time was my fault because I had turned the switch to the park position and left the tail light burning.

Two things: 1) the dealership may not have charged it properly. Happened to mine, and it was replaced under warranty; 2) if it sits for an extended period, it'll discharge fairly quickly. I disconnect the negative terminal after every ride, since it may sit for two weeks or more between rides. Just need to reset the clock each time.

Two things: 1) the dealership may not have charged it properly. Happened to mine, and it was replaced under warranty; 2) if it sits for an extended period, it'll discharge fairly quickly. I disconnect the negative terminal after every ride, since it may sit for two weeks or more between rides. Just need to reset the clock each time.

Poor bike, sitting for that long...:lol:

Get a battery tender on that puppy. And quit abusing that pour thing.

Last edited:
My dealer cross-threaded the bolt and it caused intermittent connection problems. It stranded me 3 miles from home. Look at your self first and check to see if your charging system is working (14ish volts after a long discharge or hard start, 13ish for charged batt.) I would use that warranty that is why it comes with it. You paid how much for a bike that doesn't work?

Poor bike, sitting for that long...:lol:

Mine too but that's because the weather has been real shi... er, not very nice! :laugh:

Actually when I was picking it up the sales guy told me to be careful because the '08's seem to be having a battery/charging issues... 7300K and no problems as of yet.

Last edited:

I got my Jr. for $19 :thumbsup:

Back