Lurker going public~

Nate G

Registered
Hey gang, been lurking around here gathering info for a while now and have decided to introduce myself.

I'm 27 years old and a firefighter in Kentucky. I've ridden as long as can remember, but have just recently taken my first plunge into the sport bike world. (Loving it)

Somtime between last Fall and this Spring I had lost my passion for riding. I decided that maybe a new bike would be just the thing to fix this. Having owned an Intruder, Shadow, and most recently a VTX I was thinking a Harley was the obvious choice. So I set out to find me a Street Glide. While I was out shopping I saw a Busa kitted out for touring and it sparked some interest in me. I put off the Street Glide for a bit, came here and among other places and it's like a new world opened up. Before long I had made up my mind and went on a search. It took a couple weeks to find it, but I found one of the few remaining new 08 Orange and Blacks in my area, of which I am the proud new owner of. :cheerleader: (Much to my Mom's, Dad's, wife's, pretty much everyone in my MC's ... well pretty much everyone that know's me concern. Apparently there's somthing about sport bikes that are inherently more dangerous than the cruisers my family and I have ridden all our lives. ???)

So.. yeah, at this point I realize you all expect a pic, but I'm at the station right now and don't have one available. But don't sweat it, I'll throw one up tomorrow when I get home.

So, consider me just another addict. 500 miles so far, and loving it. Went and dropped 60 bucks on a full line of Meguiars polishes and waxes and such to keep that beautiful orange shiny. And thanks to your posts have decided on a Throttlemeister, Cortech tribag saddle-bags and rear bag, and a double bouble (undecided on the brand as of now) for my immediate mods.

Sorry, so long winded. And thanks for all the info you guys have provided already. I look forward to sharing stories with you all for a long time to come.

Hey gang, been lurking around here gathering info for a while now and have decided to introduce myself.

I'm 27 years old and a firefighter in Kentucky. I've ridden as long as can remember, but have just recently taken my first plunge into the sport bike world. (Loving it)

Somtime between last Fall and this Spring I had lost my passion for riding. I decided that maybe a new bike would be just the thing to fix this. Having owned an Intruder, Shadow, and most recently a VTX I was thinking a Harley was the obvious choice. So I set out to find me a Street Glide. While I was out shopping I saw a Busa kitted out for touring and it sparked some interest in me. I put off the Street Glide for a bit, came here and among other places and it's like a new world opened up. Before long I had made up my mind and went on a search. It took a couple weeks to find it, but I found one of the few remaining new 08 Orange and Blacks in my area, of which I am the proud new owner of. :cheerleader: (Much to my Mom's, Dad's, wife's, pretty much everyone in my MC's ... well pretty much everyone that know's me concern. Apparently there's somthing about sport bikes that are inherently more dangerous than the cruisers my family and I have ridden all our lives. ???)

So.. yeah, at this point I realize you all expect a pic, but I'm at the station right now and don't have one available. But don't sweat it, I'll throw one up tomorrow when I get home.

So, consider me just another addict. 500 miles so far, and loving it. Went and dropped 60 bucks on a full line of Meguiars polishes and waxes and such to keep that beautiful orange shiny. And thanks to your posts have decided on a Throttlemeister, Cortech tribag saddle-bags and rear bag, and a double bouble (undecided on the brand as of now) for my immediate mods.

Sorry, so long winded. And thanks for all the info you guys have provided already. I look forward to sharing stories with you all for a long time to come.

ummmm doesnt new guy owe us pics?????????

Welcome aboard! My last bike I owned was an HD Street Glide and I think you made the wise choice. Now if you can own two bikes own a Busa and then a Street Glide or even an Ultra Classic. I think that's my plan at least. :)
:thumbsup:

:welcome: to the oRg.

I had a close call with an Electra Glide before I got my Busa. Glad you made the right choice too! :beerchug:

:welcome: to the oRg brother.

Firefighter huh? Congrats man! my wife is a fire dispatch (911) for the Marine Corps base in 29 Palms California. Hell of a job being unsafe at work and then riding a sport bike also? Cool as he11 man. :thumbsup:

Much like yourself I lurked on here for a while (mid-2005) before joining a couple of months ago. Beautiful color choice and even better BIKE choice.

:welcome: Louisville KY here. I also had an 07 Street Glide.

Right on man, we'll definately have to get together some time. I also head down to Daytona a couple times a year. Usually in Feb, and around Biketoberfest if anyone's from down in that area.

Planning on heading to Land between the lakes in a few weeks as well.

Thanks again for all the welcomes

Back