When did the Busa become unsafe?

Dude, you best unload the rocks outada trunk!

:whistle:

LOL, that's from the Suzuki website.

*whoops*

in my haste i listed CURB weight against the Fatboy's dry weight. my mistake.

2009 Busa DRY WEIGHT = 485 lbs

Last edited:
I know my busa isnt safe..she likes to sleep around with the r1's and zx10's whenever she can and never has them wear protection...I'm thinking about charging $ for this type of behavior, but then she says i wont get my free bee anymore...
:laugh:

Any bike is only as unsafe as it's rider. The bike isn't going to do anything the rider doesn't want it to. Goes back to Respect the bike and the bike will respect you.

Most critical peice of ANY motorcycle is the "NUT" that connects the handle bars to the seat.................................................................. :whistle:

:laugh:

I ride my busa "like a Harley", but every once in awhile I will crack it open until I reach the speed limit. Unfortunately, that only lasts about 2 seconds.:unhappy:

it's dangerous to anyone who sits on it without permission for a photo-op:whistle: in all honesty, most of the time I felt safer on it that on my CBR600 due to the weight...don't get tossed around by the wind near as much, plus alot less rider fatigue on distance rides, which could lead to an accident.

To add to the very insightful comments thus far.
It is in the rider, not the bike. Look at the statistics and how many injuries or accidents occur with the scooter group , or look at the stats for horse's.
You have to have a certain level of common sense to be riding any bike no matter the size

Visually It's bigger then the average sport bike seen on the road. Sport bikes have that reputation of being deadly(mainly due to riders poor judgments). Now Bigger becomes deadlier.

Guess it doesn't help when we here try to steer away beginners from owning a Busa as a 1st bike. :poke:

Visually It's bigger then the average sport bike seen on the road. Sport bikes have that reputation of being deadly(mainly due to riders poor judgments). Now Bigger becomes deadlier.

Guess it doesn't help when we here try to steer away beginners from owning a Busa as a 1st bike. :poke:

Just as I would steer reals newbs away from a GSXR 1000 or 750

From Cruiser/Harley crowd: "That thing'll kill ya! You must be crazy!"
From other sportbike crowd (I've read): "That's too much bike for me. (whether they mean cc or weight, maybe both, who knows?")
From general public: "Motorcycles are dangerous! You must have a death wish." God help you if you tell them it's the fastest production bike in the world...boy you're in for it.

...and yet everyone has their vices. The 'general public' guy will tell you that right before he does a line of acid... People die on Harleys/Cruisers, too. And usually when they do it's with a decent amount of alcohol in their system. But people see those 'rice rockets' and they just have to say something. (Cept to me. My ride's so antiquated they just chuckle and keep walking. :sulk:)

It all starts with the rider, though. It's one of the reasons I don't go out looking for people to ride with. Solo or with my father. It's great to keep your own pace. (And sometimes that pace can get pretty spirited.)

They are dangerous. I wrecked one and came back for another. Like an addiction. :laugh:
that what I see.... just caaaaaant staaaaaaaaay awaaaaaaay......

I cant handle the 600cc on full tilt so I just get the 1300 so I can do it twice as fast... :laugh:

I agree with everyone here I think that most people hear can go over 200mph and freak out. It's all about teh rider and those who don't know just don't understand. But thats what makes this bike so great. You need to have that respect and at the same time the natural ability to "pilot" it.:bowdown:

I must admit I do have a self control problem with this bike. I know what it can do and on my 54 mile trip to work and back (round trip) 24 miles country road and 23 FWY. I ride pretty normal on the country road because of traffic and deer.

When I hit the freeway I would say at least 4 of 5 of the last days I road my bike to work I find myself going over 110/115 MPH. I would have never done this on my Harley.

I cus myself out when I get home because I could get in an accident, have a mechanical malfunction or get a ticket. I still do the same thing the next day. I ticket would slow me down but I do not want one.

But on the upside this bike handles, stops faster and I can get myself out of a bad situation faster than any Harley. So I guess it evens out to a degree.

The day it hit the showroom floors. Not because of any issue with the bike, but because of its availability. Goggle eyed, RedBull fueled squids that have never thrown a leg over a bike, and have heard all the "urban legends", waltz into a dealer with dads plastic and buy a 175 hp bike. THATS when it (and all other machines) became dangerous to themselves, and everyone within 100 yards of them. I've always felt it would be appropriate to have some sort of progressive sequence as to the level of machine a newbie is able to purchase, but there's really no way to enforce that. It can be bought by someone else besides the newbie, registered/insured under someone else, etc.
Nobody with zero experience has any business on a bike bigger than an old 500 (remember 500's?? :laugh:) but the economic attractiveness of fast sales dictates that its gonna happen.
Every dealer has the same war stories... kid walks in, buys a 750, or a 1000, or a 'Busa, and next week he's crippled or dead.

Its the same as a gun. It becomes dangerous the minute it hits the wrong mitts.

The day it hit the showroom floors. Not because of any issue with the bike, but because of its availability. Goggle eyed, RedBull fueled squids that have never thrown a leg over a bike, and have heard all the "urban legends", waltz into a dealer with dads plastic and buy a 175 hp bike. THATS when it (and all other machines) became dangerous to themselves, and everyone within 100 yards of them. I've always felt it would be appropriate to have some sort of progressive sequence as to the level of machine a newbie is able to purchase, but there's really no way to enforce that. It can be bought by someone else besides the newbie, registered/insured under someone else, etc.
Nobody with zero experience has any business on a bike bigger than an old 500 (remember 500's?? :laugh:) but the economic attractiveness of fast sales dictates that its gonna happen.
Every dealer has the same war stories... kid walks in, buys a 750, or a 1000, or a 'Busa, and next week he's crippled or dead.

Its the same as a gun. It becomes dangerous the minute it hits the wrong mitts.

I was quite happy to learn on a 100, have a 350 as a first bike and I enjoyed the heck out of my Nighthawk 650! I have the Hayabusa now but I also still have and ride my 1985 GS550ES. Two wheels are always fun, regardless of the power. Oh, and two wheels are always dangerous, regardless of the power.

I hear that all the time.Every one says Im nutz for getting such a large cc bike.Always are you trying to kill yourself or why do you need that big of a bike. I just look at them and laugh and ask if my cruiser is ok.Of curse it is is what I hear.Then I follow with,its biger than the Busa.Its a 1700cc Roadstar warrior,oh but thats different.They are just speechless.:moon:

Back