average sized hayabusa owners?

FTMFW

Registered
can eat it. :moon: this thread is for the xxl guys. just curious as for the size of some riders and the mods weve done to accomodate us better on the scooters.

im 6'6, 295, havent done anything for comfort yet (1500 miles into the bike) but have a bid on some heli's right now, would love a cut/gel seat, and im planning on a buell peg mod.

next?

:rofl::laugh: I'm a lil over 6'3" 320lbs suited. I cut the foam from my seat to re-shape it and covered it with grey ostritch. It feels ALOT better. And get the billet pan and save your self the pain and suffering. Best $300 bucks i ever spent.

I'm 6'3" & 115kgs....
no probs on everyday rides but on long interstate (1,000km+) rides I can get some cramps in legs & hips......solution: PLENTY of stretching, at every opportunity ! :whistle:

6'4" 245lbs 20,000 miles no mods for comfort. I just go to the chiropractor three times a month.

For a 6 foot 6 guy like myself would it even be worth the try to get a 'touring' windshield or just get a double bubble to have the wind on the chest? (And lift the windshield up high enough that the risen up bars won't scrape off of the stock windshield.)

::waits on answer with notepad::

this thread is for the xxl guys. just curious as for the size of some riders and the mods weve done to accomodate us better on the scooters.

im 6'6, 295, havent done anything for comfort yet (1500 miles into the bike) but have a bid on some heli's right now, would love a cut/gel seat, and im planning on a buell peg mod.

next?
Im 6'4", 260 lbs. I put on a Corbin seat (had them scoop it 3/4" deeper), Heli-Bar risers, and most importantly, did the Buell footpeg mod. I found a guy on ebay that sells Buell footpegs slightly modded (and polished) to fit a Busa. Gives me about 1 1/4" more legroom and no ground clearance issues. Before I had the Buell footpegs I took the rubber off the stock footpegs, machined the lip at the end of the peg off, and put a piece of thin aluminum stairtread edge on the top of the peg. That helped with legroom a lot, but not as much as the Buell mod. Scooping the seat 3/4" did rob me of some of the legroom the Buell pegs added, but now I feel much more like Im sitting "in" the bike, as opposed to sitting on top of the bike. My previous ride was a Honda Blackbird, and I sat WAY deeper in that bike than on the stock Bus, so I was trying to get close to that ergonomically.
If you cant find a modded set of the Buells, it looks like the mod is easy to do on your own. Ya gotta play with the shift lever position, and the brake lever height after the Buells though. They wont be in line with your foot after those pegs are on the bike. I had to cut the "bolt" that adjusts the brake lever height about 1/4" to get enough travel to get the lever height correct. Its well worth the effort, though.
A couple of other things I did that were also easy and well worth it was to change that little POS rubber on the shift lever to a more substantial (Honda, I think) rubber. Made shifting a lot easier and less hard on the foot edge. I also heated and pulled the sidestand closer to the bike. That gave me a little better contact with the shift lever too. It DOES require fiddling with the end of the stand, cause the bike woulda been too upright on the stand otherwise. Also installed the Suzuki Double Bubble windscreen (which Im certain is a Puig). Now I can actually SEE the gauges, plus MUCH better wind protection.
All these things transformed the bike from a "sorta/kinda comfortable, sometimes knee killa bike" (:laugh:) to a REAL comfortable, all day/all night ride.
(One other thing that works excellent, but not really related to comfort... A GiPro ATRE gear position indicator/smart chip. Bike runs a little stronger in the low gears, and no more looking for 7th gear on the parkway.)

Last edited:
If your that big call traxxion and get them to re do your suspension, they will rebuild your stock shock and forks to handle your size, a suspension set up for you will provide a lot more comfort

LOL!

Walking down the hall I saw a new employee had a helmet on his desk.

Me (reading the nameplate on his desk): So James, what kind of bike do you have?

James (who is not sure if I know anything about bikes or not): Umm, a Honda.

Me: Hmm... What kind of Honda?

James (still not sure that I know anything): A CBR.

Me: Cool! What kind of CBR?

James: A CBR600. It's my first streetbike.

Me: That's a good choice.

James: Yeah, I asked some friends what their recommendations were and lots of people thought this would be a good one for me.

Me: You'll have to show me it some time.

James: Sure thing. Do you ride?

Me: Yeah, I've got a 'Busa.

James: Really?! You don't look like a typical Hayabusa rider.

That one stopped me for a moment. Had to think.

Me: You mean because I'm not 6'4" and don't weigh 250 lbs?

James: Yeah....

Back