What's it worth?

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
Just been sitting here thinking about what the bike would be worth if I tried to sell it.
I know I could get more if I started taking parts off and put it as close to factory as I could; but what do you all think she is worth as it sits right now?

03 with around 15-16K

Custom paint work with Painted inners and mirrors; GM Navy Blue Metallic
Filled in lines on front fender
Full BDE exhaust with street megaphone
Small air box mod
PC3 USB
Muzzy fan blade
HEL stainless brake and clutch line kit
EBC HH brake pads
Clear Alternatives Chrome LED front turn signals
SRP Reverse indiglow gauges
Custom Undertail
Custom seat covers
¾â€￾ Reaper risers
1â€￾ mirror spacers
Pitbull stands
Sportech V-flow Chrome windscreen
Faring screens + Oil cooler screen
Yuasa YTZ14S Battery
Tiger racing glove box
Clear clutch cover
6K HID Headlights
Pair valve removed
Soupy’s lowering links
Roadlok security
Chrome:
Frame
Swingarm
Wheels
Engine covers
Reservoir covers
Top triple tree
Frame Sliders
Kickstand
Bar ends
Brake and Clutch levers
Oil filler cap
Kanji swingarm spools
Chain guard
Exhaust mount plug
License plate relocator
Kanji valve stem caps

IMG_2756.jpg

100_2947.jpg

Don't know what the market value is. When Luci's time comes, she's going with the stock exhaust and track plastics. The HMF, PCIII, and Revolution paint are coming off.

Im about to the point of parting out my drag bike and turning it back into a street bike because every joe schmoe that calls asks "can it be ridden on the street?" :banghead: I'm only asking $8000 for the drag bike as it sits.. but if I parted it out and put it back to stock.. I'd probably make over $15000!!

I like your bike and I suggest you keep her. I doubt you could sell the bike for any where near the money and time you have spent on her

If i were you I would do some math and decide what parts wouild be worth removing and selling seperatly. Maybe you have some of the stock parts still, it not can you get them and how much. I think (I could be wrong) that you would make more money this way.

If i were you I would do some math and decide what parts wouild be worth removing and selling seperatly. Maybe you have some of the stock parts still, it not can you get them and how much. I think (I could be wrong) that you would make more money this way.

Yep, you can always make more money putting the bike back as close to stock and then selling the aftermarket parts on the board.
Did it on my 04 busa when I sold it; and didn't do too bad.

I like your bike and I suggest you keep her. I doubt you could sell the bike for any where near the money and time you have spent on her
Unfortunately you always lose money on customized bikes......the more money you put in, the more you lose :banghead: personally I limit my mods to go fast stuff :laugh: You have to keep in mind going in that most of the money and labor invested is for your own satisfaction, thats the only real value you'll get out of it......especially in the current economy :(

Back