Fellow Orgster Needs a Starter (Gen1)

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Hey, all...

We got a fellow SoCal .oRgster (TheeMrRdKill) who needs a starter for his 2003 'bus.

Anyone here have any info or direction that we might be able to help with?

Anything leads at all will be appreciated; he's already checking eBay, so... (thanks in advance for that).

Anyway, we're really lookin' to hook this up, so shout it out if there's anything you know of...

:beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a place here in Orange Co. that has used parts.
Called parts unlimited on Beach blvd.
Bubba "the bump"

What years use the same starter assy?
I am going to be going to Parts Unlimited and will need to know what yrs will cover the starter.
Bubba

iam willing to bet the starter is same for all busa...but I may be wrong...

Last edited:
I carry an OEM replacement for the 99-02. This is the starter I bought when I replaced mine last summer. I need it to work, so I didn't go used.

Don't understand what Suzuki did differently in 03+ on the Busa, as that's a different part number.

I carry an OEM replacement for the 99-02. This is the starter I bought when I replaced mine last summer. I need it to work, so I didn't go used.

Don't understand what Suzuki did differently in 03+ on the Busa, as that's a different part number.

Interesting info, Tim. Thanks! :beerchug:

It needs to be '03 or newer...'99-'02 is different :whistle:

How far does the new assy take it. I would think only thru Gen I - to '07?
Thanks
Bubba

I went to Parts Unlimited (salvage) in OC today and they had one, rebuilt and I was not completely convinced it was the right one. I need the exact P/N so I can confirm, but here is the quote - 165.00 for the rebuild and 335.00 for new.
This seems rather steep to me so I will continue to look around.
Bubba

Great advice, Dwayne and Bubba...let's keep this movin'!

Ken's gotta get his 'bus runnin! :beerchug:

Great idea, Rich. Absolutely brilliant. I wonder how much it'd cost to ship.

I used to buy my parts from Kevin (Vman)...I NEVER paid list.

I would think that we could get it for $250 or less including shipping, and
there is no sales tax :whistle:

Back