2006 hayabusa losing to a stock 07 GSXR 600

ET's on that 750 run in the mid 10's and likewise with the Busa.. The Busa "could" have a few tenths advantage..

That is from a dead stop mind you.. The smaller bike is going to enjoy the rolling start as it does not have the brute torque off the line, that could even up the bikes on that type of roll on.. (not anywhere the same game if you do high gear roll ons, the busa will suck em up and spit them out)

Also, even from a dead stop.. 2/10's is only a touch over a bike length or so... (meaning you could look over your shoulder and he would be right there)

I think you have already been abused enough on the LH stuff....

Last edited:
Sounds like either bike problems as mentioned before or rider error. A very good rider on a smaller bike has humbled many wanna be's.

if a Busa could pull away from a 600??

2 things happening here for sure-

1)rider on 600 weighs less
2)rider of Busa was NOT in the proper gear at the start of the 'race':whistle: to 130mph

lets the trolls work out the details...:moon:

I have both the 07 gixxer, and a busa. Both are quick, but i see no prob pulling away from a 600, 750, now a 1k on a roll on its almost in the hands a the rider until all the busa brute power and areodynamics takes over, but thats well up into the mph range

On the other hand i do know a guy that runs a (humm hummm) 636 that has outtrun several busas here in town. But then again this guy races every week.

You must have been in 3rd gear I done the same with a GSX1000 then tried again only using 2nd then off into third he was alongside for a while then trailed off

The exhaust may slow you down and the weight doesn't help either.
Best weight to loose first is the exhaust.

Def gear selection problem... for guys that aint used to doing it, dropping to 2nd gear at 75 mph on expressway doesnt feel anywhere near right... but once your used to it, not doing it feels wrong. especially in a race. im sure he was down there in the gears. do it again, and do it right this time :)

Def gear selection problem... for guys that aint used to doing it, dropping to 2nd gear at 75 mph on expressway doesnt feel anywhere near right... but once your used to it, not doing it feels wrong. especially in a race. im sure he was down there in the gears. do it again, and do it right this time :)
Nah your better off telling him you're still trying to diagnose your high rpm miss, and hem/haw you're way out of a rematch :laugh: No need to go through that kinda embarassment twice :rofl: that kinda stuff can scar you for life :eek3:

Hey guys have a little problem that I need your advice on I have a 2006 hayabusa the only Mod I have done to it was I fell for "lord Humongous" and his stupid exhaust I purchased them and put them on my bike with a stock header mind you nothing else done to the bike (no power commander). The pipes sound good but I really got my feelings hurt by a friend of mines bike. He has a 2007 gsxr 600 pretty much stock, its lowered, stretched, with an arrow full exhaust system thats it. Well we were on the interstate the other day and we raced taking off from about 75 mph up to about 130 mph. Thinking that he wouldnt stand a chance I proceeded to look straight and then we I thought that I had embarrased him enough I looked next to me only to find that he was still beside me. Are the pipes killing that much HP? Any help at all guys would be great and if its the pipes how much HP do you think I'm losing?
Thanks again guys.

:banghead:

A few questions/suggestions:

Are your pipes mounted correctly? They s/b mounted with the ends opening to the front of the bike for greater back pressure. Commonly, pipes are mounted exactly opposite for "looks". ???

Starting Gear? You s/b in 6th at the start of the race. Although some disagree, you'll find that by starting in 6th you're already in the fastest gear possible and you waste no time shifting during the race! :cheerleader:

Throttle control? For best results, twist back, not forward. :thumbsup:

No power commander? Get one. He'll sit on the pillion and direct you throughout the race. A good commander is pricey and usually adds 150-250 lbs of weight over the rear axle, but he'll direct your riding expertly throughout the race, even guiding you through the "Looks like you're faster than me..." speech after the race is over.

Police assistance? If possible, start the race right in front of the police on a public road, ensuring that your opponent is aware of the police presence. In most cases, this give you a HUGE advantage and you should take the win hands down. Plus, you and your race bike will have publicly funded transportation away from the finish line while your opponent will only be able to watch from a distance and still have to ride home on his own bike, furthering the wear and tear on his ride, making him an even easier target next time around. :beerchug:

Hope these tips help. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Once you lost, the first thing you thought of was the money you spent wasn't it? I almost lost a riding buddy that way. He's put about $10,000 in his motor that I haven't. Did a role on from 50mph. I left him. Same bike, both Electra Glides. But he weighs 60-70 more lbs than me. Man was he a hoot when we stopped! :rofl:

A few questions/suggestions:

Are your pipes mounted correctly? They s/b mounted with the ends opening to the front of the bike for greater back pressure. Commonly, pipes are mounted exactly opposite for "looks". ???

Starting Gear? You s/b in 6th at the start of the race. Although some disagree, you'll find that by starting in 6th you're already in the fastest gear possible and you waste no time shifting during the race! :cheerleader:

Throttle control? For best results, twist back, not forward. :thumbsup:

No power commander? Get one. He'll sit on the pillion and direct you throughout the race. A good commander is pricey and usually adds 150-250 lbs of weight over the rear axle, but he'll direct your riding expertly throughout the race, even guiding you through the "Looks like you're faster than me..." speech after the race is over.

Police assistance? If possible, start the race right in front of the police on a public road, ensuring that your opponent is aware of the police presence. In most cases, this give you a HUGE advantage and you should take the win hands down. Plus, you and your race bike will have publicly funded transportation away from the finish line while your opponent will only be able to watch from a distance and still have to ride home on his own bike, furthering the wear and tear on his ride, making him an even easier target next time around. :beerchug:

Hope these tips help. Best of luck!

??? ??? Have you no shame! :rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
im 340 and i can spank my brothers ass on his 750 all day on a roll he is 160 i say operator error

Back