Chieck light problem please help

Coty

Registered
Hey guys/gals. I just got a 2000 Hayabusa with very low miles. Bike hasn't been run for a couple of years. There is no fuel pump prime or power to the fuel pump. The check light is on. The FI light isn't. I checked the kickstand switch making sure it wasn't faulty. I also checked all the fuses. Am I missing something here. My bike will not start. It does turn over. With the key on the coolant temp is pegged and it shows like 50mph on the speedo.

Could I have a bad computer? The three things the manual said was no communication from the pcm to the gauge panel, bad ignition fuse, kill switch, kickstand switch. My kill switch works, i don't think the kickstand switch is an issue, and the ignition fuse is good. I'm thinking bad computer.

Has anyone come across a problem like this? Please help!

Battery is garbage. It holds no charge. I have it on a charger. It cranks fine. Should I get a battery right away for it. The fuse panel is getting low 12 volts.

I would check the fuel pump relay.
Oh, Welcome!

:welcome:

relay_edited.jpg

1_edited.jpg

Got it running. In fact was the battery. Heard fuel prime. Cranked, popped. I then pulled the plugs which were black. Replaced those started right up.

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just so you know...the bike will run even if you completely unplug the instrument gauge cluster

Back