Youtube biker conviction

Projekt

Registered
Biker jailed for YouTube stunt video - CNN.com

A biker who posted videos of himself on YouTube performing stunts and speeding at up to 210 kph (130 mph) has been jailed after inadvertently confessing his misdemeanors to police.

Sandor Ferenci posted video of himself online performing high-speed stunts.

Sandor Ferenci, 28, was approached by police after a motorist saw him speeding on his powerful motorcycle and noted his registration number.

When they called at his house in Oxfordshire, England, he unwittingly asked if they had seen his YouTube video -- prompting officers to search the Internet, where they found uploaded video of his hazardous riding.

Ferenci was Monday sentenced to 12 weeks' jail after admitted two counts of dangerous driving at Oxford Crown Court.

Judge Terence Maher told Ferenci that he had carried out "lunatic and grossly irresponsible maneuvers at considerable speed," according to CNN affiliate ITN.

Ferenci's video footage, filmed by a friend from various angles including a footbridge, was shown to the court.

In it the biker is seen performing wheelies, tire-smoking wheelspins and skids on his Yamaha R6 road bike as well as high speed undertaking maneuvers.

Prosecutor Brian Payne said it was impossible to gauge Ferenci's exact speed in the video, but police estimated he was driving up to 210 kph, ITN reported

Reason to NOT videotape the stuff you do :laugh:

I don't know how I feel...I'm not a fan of "street stunting" because it poses such a risk for others...

??? Well, if you video yourself breaking the law, don't be suprised if you get busted for it. :whistle: Seemed like it was only a matter of time before this happened. The guy sounds like a squid to me, but seeing how I wasn't there, I will reserve my judgment.

Reason to NOT videotape the stuff you do :laugh:

I don't know how I feel...I'm not a fan of "street stunting" because it poses such a risk for others...
I agree... they are also causing a lot of problems for "mature" sport riders..

This is a funny story cause I have told knuckle heads before about posting their High Speed runs on YouTube could wind up like this guy the where nay sayers so hope this proves a point DO NOT POST VIDEO's of street riding :whistle:

that is not the only use by law enforcment for youtube. just recently a 15 year old boy was shot during a armed robbery. it ended up being his best freind who was with him at the time of the robbery. family members cryed out saying both were good boys never owned guns. freind was arrested and it was determined that they were commiting the armed robberys and in the gunfire exchange back from the victims his friend accitdently fataly shot him. to conclude the amusment to this story..the family was "woke" up to police showing both familys a video posted 2 weeks prior to the armed robberys by the 2 teens that "never had guns and were good boys' pulling out guns talking out gang like threats and posted it to youtube. how can parents not know what thier kids are doing..this i do not understand.

No excuses...I hope he reconsiders his actions while incarcerated.

Thanks for the post, Projekt. :beerchug:

Think the original YouTube bustee was the guy viding himself doing 200 mph in the Ferrari a few years back.
I've thought about getting a camcorder to shoot a little backroad footage but I'm starting to reconsider.:whistle:

??? Well, if you video yourself breaking the law, don't be suprised if you get busted for it. :whistle: Seemed like it was only a matter of time before this happened. The guy sounds like a squid to me, but seeing how I wasn't there, I will reserve my judgment.

You are right the word Squid brings back memories. It is pretty bad when a Squid video tapes himself doing stupid things knowing that bike goes alot faster if you are going to get stupid why not go all the way. I would like to know how anyone saw his registration at a buck thirty. Or was he just hanging out and acting stupid then confessed to the video. Oh well who cares at least he didn't wind up as part of the road. Yet

Back