REMOVING GEN II Right Side Cowling

Re: REMOVING the '08 Right Side Cowling

Does anyone know how to print the PowerPoint presentation? I can view it but see no way to print it. A print I could keep for foture reference.

Does anyone know how to print the PowerPoint presentation? I can view it but see no way to print it. A print I could keep for foture reference.

Save the file to your computer... locate that saved file, highlight it, right click select print! Walah...

my computer won't get past the microsoft product key for the slide show. any ideas

when i print i can't change the settings and 14 pages will take 2 gallons of ink and about 45mins i use to think i was smart

just did my second oil change by my self dealer did my first service ,the part that sucks the most is you have to remove the oil cooler line to get the filter out (i got full brocks exhaust) and what i will highly recomand is getting k&n oil filter easy to unscrew,oh by the way anybody know where i can get the o-ring that is in the oil cooler line ?probably after few oil changes that gone have to get replace 2 ,man it was harder to take the bike apart then putting it together most of the time is the other way around haha
Photo_09oilchange.jpg

I plan on buying an 09 busa as soon as they are available and in the meantime I was looking at the fairing removal instructions from the downloaded K8 Service Manual. Just the one side fairing was all that was required to be removed on my 05 busa, but it appears that a total of four separate cowls are removed to get at the gen II oil filter! Is this correct or am I miss reading the manual?

Thanks for the Power point. Tried do it from the manual (what a joke) took laptop into garage--turn out to be the best tool for the job!!

Thanks for this...I did my first oil change today with the help of this powerpoint.

I am not looking forward to removing those fairings again. What a pain in the butt.

There is NO
easybutton.png
when trying to get them back.
Just change the oil filter every 11000 miles like the manual recommends. You'll save you're sanity and save the folks around you from the pent up frustrations. The busa's the most ridiculously designed bike to ever grace the masses as far as oil changes and poorly designed plastics go ???

OK, I have pulled the fairings off and did not break anything...knock on wood. How did you deal with the pinch where the fairing meets the nose piece. I found I had to release the screw that holds both halves of the nose piece together to release the fairing (both sides). Did I miss something here?

I have a question that probably has already been asked, but I would like to know if the first service is something that I have to take it to the shop for? or does most people do it themselves? Please advise. I have the same question for a Brocks Alien Head Exhaust is that something I can do myself? PLEASE ADVISE

Question for you guys that have done the fairing removal. I'll be attacking said job towards the end of the week to do my first 600 mile service. The PowerPoint presentation with pics is awesome, but it includes the removal of the belly pan in addition to the main fairing. There is no reference to removing the belly pan in the Owner's manual so I'm assuming that the fairing can be removed WITHOUT also taking the belly pan off ???
Thanks in advance for the reply!

Jim

Well I finally completed my first oil/oil filter change. Like many have said, I should be able to cut that 5 hour job in half next time! For you that did it in half that time, kudos to you! I was freakin' out that I would break or scratch something.
What I did: lined the top of the right fairing along the seam where it meets the upper fairing with masking tape. Also lots of tape on the black surfaces to the right of the front of the tank where the upper right fairing section separates.
Removed the two clips on the undeside of the fairing first, then the one by the radiator (you need not remove the little center push pin that's staring at you just under and to the right of the headlight). Then I removed the two chrome hex screws from the side of the fairing and the top two screws and slotted nylon pin that are to the right of the tank (where all that tape, as stated above was). Then I removed the two nylon pins from either side of the rectifier (I eventually ended up removing the belly pan AND fairing as one unit). Then the fun part, lift up on the post that is inserted into the frame grommet and outwards on the remaining three. Lots of vasaline into those grommets, maybe it'll be easier next time. Then I proceeded as suggested by "ozz" and inserted my finger down at the bottom and "popped" loose the hooks as I moved my finger upwards along the front edge of the fairing. Then I gently wiggled the fairing loose by moving it in a downward and backward direction. The fairing is the whole hassle here, only took 30 minutes or less to actually change the oil and filter!

Lame but thanks for the attempt. The fairing will absolutley not just fall off. The hardest part of this effort is knowing where and how hard to pull to release all snap where the right fairing meets up with the nose fairing and all down the front side. It was a biatch as someone already pointed out. I can't believe I did not break anything.

Back