exhaust ??

1bad06

Registered
what is the exhaust diam difference from the stock header to a after market one??

was debating if it would be ok to cut the factory header and install a 4 2 1 collector, with a slipon micron or yoshi??

just trying to save some $ from buying a whole aftermarket system, if i can get away with using the factory header??

any info would be appreciated! thxs jeff

the difference in most after market pipes the good ones anyway is the cones with in them an how they improve the way the engine breathes, i kinda thought the new ti force big sump headers looked a lil skinny compared to my akrapovic but bob carpenter told me the way they manipulate the exhaust is the big difference hope this helps

i knew the aftermarket headers were a little bigger, just wondering what the actual difference was?

have looked for a aftermarket (used) system for a while and haven't found a good cheap one. most are within $200 of a new system! and have i mentioned "i'm cheap" !!

my main problem is that i cut the factory cans and debaffled them, now the bike has no low and mid power. i was looking to see if keeping the factory header and making it a single out would add a little back pressure and bring back the low and mid??

i knew the aftermarket headers were a little bigger, just wondering what the actual difference was?

have looked for a aftermarket (used) system for a while and haven't found a good cheap one. most are within $200 of a new system! and have i mentioned "i'm cheap" !!

my main problem is that i cut the factory cans and debaffled them, now the bike has no low and mid power. i was looking to see if keeping the factory header and making it a single out would add a little back pressure and bring back the low and mid??

keep looking, I found titanium yosh header/mid on ebay for $57.00 delivered.

I found a full yosh TRS system on ebay for $184 shipped. keep looking you'll find a deal sooner or later.

Also someone(forgot who it was) on the ORG was selling modded stock headers.

Back