Chrome Shops, List Good ones and Bad ones

mike1180

Banned
In another thread it started to go this way, so lets formalize it and make a list.
Easier to find in a search.
Here are my 2 experiences:

I used these guys: Chrome Pros Plating for my OEM rims to get chromed.
First class all around.
They are also on ebay if you prefer ( a little cheaper).
http://www.chromeprosplating.com/

This guy: Gulf Coast Cycle Chrome is useless. I bought a chrome swingarm from him and it came packed terrible and damaged and the old bearings were chromed in place. All rusty and seized due to the acid dips. He said “that part doesn’t move much there so they are OK. Everyone I do is like that and you are the first to complain ?
WTF He would not settle in any manner so…. STAY AWAY.
http://stores.ebay.ca/Gulf-Coast-Cycle-Chrome

Lots of good places but *allthingschrome* has my vote for the best

the worst? Thats easy

xxxchrome as said above,absolute junk

I live in Corpus Christi where Chrome Pro's is. I had a buddy of mine with a crappy experience in getting rims from them. He paid then got the runaround after they sold his rims to someone else. Took like 2 weeks to finally get some.Customer Service is crap! Alot of the local riders say they start to flake and bubble after a couple of months. We'll see.

If you are going to send your valuable parts for plating:

GRAVES PLATING, or BROWN'S PLATING

Both have years and years of experience with motorcycle parts. Both provide great customer service, reasonable turn-around times, and consistent quality. Both companies will also answer your questions professionally, and make any suggestions when it comes to plating processes.

I live in Corpus Christi where Chrome Pro's is. I had a buddy of mine with a crappy experience in getting rims from them. He paid then got the runaround after they sold his rims to someone else. Took like 2 weeks to finally get some.Customer Service is crap! Alot of the local riders say they start to flake and bubble after a couple of months. We'll see.

I want to see too. Mine are 1 year old and on the bike for 5 months now and no problems?
Hope you are wrong but if not I will sure blow the whistle on them!

I have used extremekempy. I like this guy. gave me his cell number cause i was having a little trouble with some dog collar spikes that were chromed. the crome got on the threading. in the end this guy not only replaced the set but sent me back the shipping charges. I want to get more. hopefully soon.

ot to jack the thread, but isn't there a chrome plating shop in Reidsville N.C.?

I know of one in Concord N.C.

Chrome East

We also have one in fayetteville

514 S Eastern Blvd
Fayetteville, NC , 28301-6314
Phone: 910-323-2295
FAX: 910-323-0664

Last edited:
Back